Chicken Pox!!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippychickmommy, Jun 4, 2006.

1. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Well, well, well, looks like my oldest son has come down with chicken pox. So far, very mild, so I'm hoping it doesn't get too-too bad. I was helping him get into the shower this evening and saw red bumps on his back and arms, he told me he's been itching at them (which I could definitely tell he had because some were scratched open), and there have been three cases of chicken pox in his kindergarten class as of late. So it seems pretty obvious to me. But regardless, I'm putting in a call to his ped tomorrow morning to give him the news, make sure that's what it is, although I'm probably 99% sure that it's the pox.

Wish me luck, now it's almost inevitable that my twins will get it too. Yay, what fun! ;)

Anyway, that's my random thought. I had chicken pox in kindergarten as well, and from what my mother says, I had a pretty bad case of it. My hubby had it around the same age, but he can't recall how bad it was.

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

let them play connect the red dots :D

3. hippychickmommy

They'd probably like that!

4. Biggen

Biggen Banned

Keep those little fellers downwind of me. I missed out on the whole Chicken Pox thing...I ain't about to start now!

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I liked having chicken pox cause I got to stay home from school for a week and be spoiled.

6. hippychickmommy

Wow! I can't believe you've never had it! It's supposed to be much more complicated/severe the older you are when you get it.

7. thisismike

thisismike Overlooked/Uninvited

Only problem is most of the schools let out around now for summer. I'd wait for September to get 'em... :)

8. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah, that is true. Would suck to get them in the summer.

9. hippychickmommy

Yeah, I remember liking that part too!

I feel bad though because this was my son't last week of kindergarten, and they had a bunch of fun activities planned for the next 4 days. He started bawling before bed because he says he wanted to give his teacher a goodbye hug. I told him I'd call his teacher tomorrow and have her call him after school. I know she will, she's a fantastic woman and I know she'll feel bad that he has to miss this last week. He cheered up at that, but I still feel bad for him. :(

10. fitzy21

scratching is fun too :D

11. hippychickmommy

I know! Exactly! This was his last week of school and they had a bunch of fun activities planned!

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Aw, that's so cute.

13. hippychickmommy

Yeah, except it spreads the pox even more! :eek:

14. fitzy21

yea, i know...i just read that he's gonna miss the last week of school :(

that just takes the fun out of it....

15. hippychickmommy

I know. :( I mean, the last week is the best!

16. fitzy21

:(

well, the good side to it is that he gets to spend the majority of the summer chicken pox free :) and then doesn't have to worry about getting it later down in life

17. hippychickmommy

Yes, that's true. Maybe we should celebrate. I should make some smiley faced cookies with chicken poxs on them. :D

18. fitzy21

i always try to look at the bright side of situations...plus cookies are good, should send me some :D - i am the cookie monster afterall [​IMG]

19. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Happy pox!

I remember when I got chicken pox... I was 25! :eek: Very subtle beginning- persistent NASTY pimple-like sore on the crown of my head.. felt a little tired for a week or so.. then a couple red sores appeared on my stomach and chest and I felt INCREDIBLY tired! A couple weeks previous I had attended a party where one of the host's kids had chicken pox. A confirmation from mom that I hadn't contracted them and we had a diagnosis. The party was great though... I got laid. Twice.

All I had to endure was a week and a half long itchfest where at one point I foolishly took a roommate's advice to bathe in baking soda to relieve the itch. Bad move! Otherwise I don't recall being particularly sick apart from exhaustion every time I stood up. Within a couple weeks I was back to work.

20. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i miss the chicken pox,
    it was my first taste of what partying is all about...