Chicago Cubs

Discussion in 'Sports TV' started by tumbling.dice, May 14, 2016.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Must be...

But come on, Turning on a mid 90's fastball and hitting it out to the deepest part of the ballpark to lead off the game is way too Cold, how could it not be?

http://youtu.be/dfWiMNTwJKA

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Have you ever swung at a 90 mph pitch? You can rig balls and strikes but I might be skeptical about rigging something that requires a response time of less than a second.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have actually...

I was just playing about the rigged thing.

Not that there aren't bad calls in Baseball on occasion, but I think Baseball would probably be the hardest sport to rig of the Major American Sports. Especially with instant replay now, the Strike Zone is pretty much the only area which remains controversial at times.

There aren't any penalized fouls in Baseball either, which like in football can give yardage to a team and in basketball can put players in foul trouble and reward teams with free throws, so more difficult to provide conspiracies.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yeah it was obvious you were joking. Yet you still see the occasional fan that will say "the league wanted a team that will get high ratings so they _____."

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well theoretically there are a few, like late in game 7 when the cubs runner went out of his way to slide into the second baseman instead of into second base, in order to break up the double play. and the ump called interference and called both runners out, but then changed his mind.

i still haven't figured out what actually happened there. it was too loud at the game to hear the announcer's explanation, and the internet won't admit that it ever happened. i know there was a lot of confusion in the crowd though.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah good point and I suppose catcher collision rules too but definitely less prevalent than other sports.