Chicago Cubs

Discussion in 'Sports TV' started by tumbling.dice, May 14, 2016.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Just like the election

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's the sporting year for ya.

Manning sent off with another SB win as he retires.
    Some Australian football team won for the first time in 100 years
    The very next day another football team won for the first time in their history.
    Cubs haven't won for 100+ years, chalk up a win.

Seems what the fans want... the fans get. :D

I'm happy with Denver winning the SB of course. :)

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

wasnt really paying attention but made a straight bet for 50$ on the Cubs with someone.. kept wondering when it was going to be over. what I could gather on FB The Tribe as they kept calling it was winning.. only last night during the final play did I watch it. I couldnt find it on tv.. I had to watch it on FB.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if by "fans" you mean the asshole announcers on ESPN.

5. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I'm a lifelong Cubs fan and this was a difficult and exciting series to watch. I remained cautiously optimistic up until the last out. Then I cried. A lot. It's hard to cheer the way we wanted to with a sleeping baby upstairs. My husband went outside and yelled. We spent a lot of money on World Series swag today. We won't go into how much but my kid has shirts to fit him from now until he's an adult. I'm not saying my baby anything to do with it but he was born at the beginning of the 2016 season. He watched Arrieta pitch his no hitter when he was 1 day old from the hospital. He shares a name with the cursed goat. Now I'm thinking I AM partially responsible for reversing the curse this year. You're welcome Chicago. You're welcome Cubs fans world wide.

1 person likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

In 9 months a whole lot of Chicago babies will come into the world..

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

don't be so full of yourself, i'm pretty sure i was ultimately responsible. everything was going pretty well for cleveland until my friends decided we should go watch games 6 and 7 on the big screen outside the stadium. pretty much every moment we were there watching, it was all cubs. we actually gave up in the 8th inning last night when it was 6-3 with two outs, so we started to walk back to the car, and as soon as we left the crowd erupted and it was suddenly a tie game. so we sprinted back, and once we were there again the inning ended, it poured rain on us for 10 minutes, and the indians decided they just wanted to go home rather than try and win the game. you're welcome.

yeah, then there's that side to it. not only did i have to watch the indians lose again, but then the girl i was with was all pissed off and i had no chance of anything good following the game either. goddamn chicago population is already high enough; we need to encourage more babies out here in the sticks.

8. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Actually it was on FOX. ESPN doesnt host the world series. or the playoffs in general.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations, when the Red Sox exercised their demons back in 04’ I drove into Boston to celebrate.

It basically consisted of joining an ever growing mob on the verge of turning over cars and shit, but for some unexplained reason the frenzy dissipated as quickly as it started and only a few folks were arrested for public intoxication.

Hotwater

10. RubySoho6

They show the game on the big screen at the minor league stadium here. Every time we have gone to watch it there the cubs have lost so we stopped going. Started watching it from home in our same play off shirts that we didn't wash all month. It's probably best we were at home so we were't the smelly people in the stadium.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'll admit i never actually put it on the tv myself, so that was just a guess. it was on everywhere i went for the last week and a half, and i definitely noticed a lot of cub dick-sucking from the announcers at the game the last two nights.

12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Hell yea, they totally milked the whole 100 year drought things for these two shit hole franchises.

bring in the wild thing!!!!!

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Up the Tigers.
    D-Town

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Cubs championship: Of all the seemingly absurd “Back to the Future” predictions, a 2015 Chicago Cubs World Series championship after a 107-year drought may have been the most outlandish. Incredibly, the movie’s prediction was off by only one year.

15. RubySoho6

Joe Buck has rooted against the cubs from the get go. Loudly cheering on any team who played against them. I'm sure he'd lick Clayton Kershaws ass if he let him.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think handing the Cubs the trophy is racist against my fellow red skin indian brethren. :D

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Shit woman. The only thing red about you is you are a wannabe redneck.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, so are a lot of indians fans.

1 person likes this.
  19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Can't spell Wrigley without rig.

2 people like this.
  20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

so it wasnt a curse that caused them to loose for over 100 years. it was rigged against them?