chemical imbalances in your brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by soulrebel51, Aug 22, 2005.

1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

now obviously everyone knows that the chemicals in your brain may be imbalanced so you're feeling sad for no apparent reason... but is it possible to have them go the opposite way? i've never heard of it before... but i'm always so fucking happy and gleeful and giddy.. and i dont even do drugs anymore! at the moment, the women i love is off at basic training, and i want to feel sad... but i cant! even if i try! i stepped on a nail today that went almost clear thru my foot, and i wanted to call myself stupid and get mad at people, but i couldn't! i was happy that i stepped on the fucking nail! lmao, i'm laughing right now..

i've been like this on and off for over a year, but its been in full-effect since early june or so. obviously i dont want to go to a doctor and get prescribed for this (would they even do that..), but i'm just curious. yeah.

2. ~Gina~

~Gina~ Member

thats bizzare, coz i had the opposite happn,nothing couls ave me happy for a year. But i guess feeling happy all the time will have a bad effect, when it fades away. I guess enjoy it while it lasts, its a big blessing:)

3. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I'm like that a lot too. :D Just goofy and happy and have fun no matter what, nothing wrong with your brain, it's just right. :D That's one of the reasons I stopped doing drugs, cause I had a great time anyway, like some sort of permanent natural high. :D

4. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

you're either harnessing the present moment and realizing that life is nothing but 24/7 love, peace, and joy.

OR you've become manic. in which case you will likely rotate between happy and depressed and doctors will label you "bipolar." but you could just be manic, i guess you don't have to have the depressive side. generally these illnesses begin around your age or early twenties. but unless you start feeling like you're superior to everone on the planet and have to prove this by doing harm to others, then i'd say you're healthy and normal!

5. soulrebel51

Well I have been diagnosed with a couple mental "disorders" in the recent past for which I was prescribed medical prescriptions that I never took becaise I do believe I'm fine. I don't want to ruin what I got..

I don't remember what they were (for anything other than music I have a very very short attention span and generally don't listen/pay attention to people in person), but two of them had that "schizo" at the front of the word. Is that bad? :D

6. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

ahh your brain is probably just puting out more dopamin? or maybe your just happy nothing wrong with that? i woul ceep that foot realy clean though and i would recomend a tetnus shot you might be able to get it at your local healyh dept. for 5 or10 bucks!! nothink will bring you down quicker than letting your foot get infected or getting tetnus not worth the risk but at least keep it clean so any way keep on smilein!!!

7. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

schizophrenia. it's not all bad if you can get help controlling the voices in your head.

8. soulrebel51

Yeah that and schizotypal... whats that one do?