Cheating

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by coppergurl, Jan 26, 2005.

1. coppergurl

coppergurl Member

Who is more likely to cheat a guy or a girl? And why do women go after married men?

2. Mui

Mui Senior Member

a girl, they always have other options and can get dick at command

women go after married men because they have penises

3. coppergurl

coppergurl Member

I feel like no one has morals anymore, it makes me sad, beause people just cheat and they dont relize how much pain they are casuing to the other person.

4. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I think you would find that the rate of infidelity is quite comparable for both genders.

I'm assuming woman go after married men as they perceive them as being responsible and a good care provider.

5. browneydgrl

browneydgrl Member

i think cheating depends entirely on the individual. many members from both sexes are capable of cheating, just as many are not.

as for why women go after married men...it could be that they get the sex w/ out the commitment/relationship. sometimes sex is whats missing from their marriage.

women could also see a married man as a challenge

however i would not know if any of this is true because cheating is not and never will be part of who i am

6. xanexehsx

xanexehsx Member

i think that men maybe r more likely to cheat but maybe thats just because I would never do it. well and women go after married men because they are jealous whores.

7. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

There are a lot of reasons why people cheat - not that any of them are GOOD reasons. Cheaters suck... as for women going after married men .. maybe it's a challenge, maybe they find it exciting.. maybe they're just out looking to cause trouble.. but keep in mind, there are married men out there who don't tell that they're married - so in those cases the women ARE dating married men, but aren't necessarily aware of it.

8. CacTusDAN

CacTusDAN Member

or married men are looking for a random fuck

9. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

hmmmm...

i never plan on having an affair with a married man... but i have noticed that i find slightly older (30s, early 40s) married men more attractive than slightly older single men. i think part of me wonders why they're married (or not married). i mean... i know ppl get married for many reasons, but i tend to view those that are as a catch or something.. there must be something special about them to be married with a family or whatever.. whereas i view men who are unmarried as kind of pathetic.. (i know that sounds horrible) i think i've been fed that stereotype somehow... (think adam sandler's friend in Wedding Singer...? he made a little speech about the fonz becoming unattractive as he got older b/c he was essentially a pathetic old bachelor....)

ahhh who knows.

i did post something in the "when i masturbate" thread.. (i think that's what it was called..) because somebody brought up the topic of cheating... ppl cheat for many reasons.. :(

10. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

I have found that alot of married men cheat because their wives have stopped having sex with them. I guess after so many years in marriage you tend to take each other for granted. I was cheated on in my marriage, and this was definately not the case with me. He just got weak. When a woman throws it all over a man, I guess it's hard to turn it down. I have no tolerance for weakness, hence the reason I'm no longer married. I mean, why the hell couldn't he have stood up for me right at that moment, after all..I did put 11 years of my heart and soul into the marriage. I'm afraid it's warped my trust, so I have issues. Overall, I think the reason most people cheat is due to the lack of attention they are getting from their significant other. I feel like it's pretty equal with men and women.

11. innocentpoison333

innocentpoison333 Member

Hmm I think it is equal....Guys cheat for a change, and it seems girls cheat for the adventure. Most girls I know like to be on the chase.... the harder to get the better i suppose.

12. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

I'm not sure what's more "horrible" - the reason for the unmarried man or your view.

Nothing personal, just something for Folks to think about before cheating.
    Your cheating may result in your soon-to-be-ex being viewed as "pathetic".

The Horror...

13. littlemistymop

littlemistymop Member

i think when guys cheat its out of stupidity and lack of control, and really is meaningless!
    and when girls cheat its often because of something emotional thats wrong...but im sure a lot of girls cheat when theyre just drunk too
    some people i kniow cheat because they need to feel incontrol like they can do and have whatever they want

14. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

i agree with the first observation about the lack of attention, but in worldwide studies 30% more men cheated than women did. men will cheat if given the opportunity. they are just like that! they can be happy in their relationship and life, but if the opportunity to cheat is there, they will do it! a man can have sex with another woman and not feel anything for her. okay, granted, not all men, but most. anyway, people have affairs because they are lazy. it is easier to go running off with the office tramp than it is to admit something is wrong with your relationship and make a commitment to work on it. finally, i think unfaithfulness goes hand in hand with low self-value. cheaters seek approval or fulfillment in the eyes of another person when they should be looking within themselves for any estimation of self worth....

15. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

I agree with you 100%. Most of the cheaters I know could very well have taken care of the problem in their relationship instead of cheating. They just didn't want to put the time into doing so. If you're too lazy to do that, well then I guess that's about all you need to know about your partner anyway. Relationships have to be nourished on a daily basis. It isn't anything to ignore, or take for granted. Sadly enough, this is so often done.

16. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

My sister always date married men... always... cause theres no commitement. they cant bother her for anything she doesnt want. I think its a fear of commitement on her part.. and a lack of commitment on married mans part... i have no faith in marige because of her... it saddens me, actually. I always wanted to get married. but i dont know if i could really belive in it after seeing my sister date over 10 married men

17. kayy

kayy Member

I had a bf who cheated on me a lot during 2 yrs. He didn't beleive in relationships but still needed someone to go home to after a weekend of heavy parting. Ok, this was long time ago, i would never be in such a bad relationship today. He enjoyed lying, and the thought of me worried, waiting for him. etc... it gave him something... Manipulation: i think it's a more common reason for cheating than you would think, even for girls. It gives them a sense of power, of control "I know, but she doesn't".... It's like you've been a bad boy/girl and come home and just lye straight in the face of your partner and feel so great because you've "made it", "she/he beleived me"... And: it's addictive as well...

18. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

do you think someone might be more likely to cheat if their partner always had a trust issue with them? Would it be harder to cheat if the person never questioned their trust?

19. coppergurl

coppergurl Member

I think your right.

20. nohelmetlaws

nohelmetlaws Banned

I cheat because I'm an asshole, but I'm ok with that. See here is what it boils down to, I really don't think when I'm 90 I will utter the words, " I sure wish I had fucked less women"