cheap and really groovy looking way to decorate

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by oshinn, Oct 28, 2008.

1. oshinn

oshinn Member

hey, i came up with this idea a while ago when i saw something like it on a website... if you have a lot of photos but don't have that many frames, frames can get expensive...

what i did was buy some twine (you can use laundry line rope, or hemp, or whatever you want, so long as it will be strong enough to hang) and pinned it to the wall, with pins every 4-5 feet so that it would dip inbetween. then i took an entire bag of clothespins and spray painted them, and when they were dry put them on the twine, and hung photos from them!

the way i had it it looked like prayer flags, people liked to look at them when they came over... it's so cheap to do, and it looks really arty :) my only suggestion is that you hang it up higher than pets can reach, when we got cats they immediately took to playing with the photos and pulled most of them down.

2. amber

amber Member

cool idea, I might have to give this one a try... it'd be fun in my son's room... hang up pics that span his life/ adventures

3. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

Teehee...Great minds think alike! I did that at my old house, but I didnt think to spray paint the clothespins. Everyone enjoyed looking at them too!

4. chugtonio

chugtonio Member

I took the white and gold/black wrapping paper from my new shoes box, wove it in patterns between my posters on my wall and laced blue lace around it and it looks pretty good

5. callmemelody

callmemelody Member

wow, never thought of that! thanks so much, i'm definitely going to do this. and best part, its cheap! :]

6. animalsASleaders

animalsASleaders Member

thats a pretty cool idea. I made a large tiedye sheet and hung it across my ceiling, thats a cheap way as well also

7. FeralLunar

FeralLunar Member

My favorite cheap way of redecorating is painting records.