chat thread

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Luxiebow, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wameron36

wameron36 Senior Member

Bumpidy fucking bump.

Ok, shit has been starting to all come together for this year pretty well and now I may have just hit a fucking brick wall that looks like it wants to kick the shit out of me and fuck me in the arse...

Got a general email from the uni today talking about a study plan type thing for this year to do, which at the end had a few little notes. One of them, saying they will be suspending the Environmental major for Engineering. Which is what I was planning on doing, and based so much shit around, and have been wanting to do so for fucking years. And now I might be fucked. I'm going in to speak to one of the guys about this, to see just what the fuck is going on and if I can somehow continue. It's bullshit, they pride themselves on being right on top of tropical research and close with conservation and shit, yet they are suspending a fucking Environmental engineering course. Sorry for ranting, but shit's fucked (And I don't normally rant).

Fuck.
    Cameron.

2. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Are you already on the course? They can't suspend it if you're already on it.. well I don't think they can. If you aren't and you are applying, isn't there anywhere else you can do the same course? Shit is fucked if they say they are the best centre for the course, then they go and cancel it. Happened to me. sort of.

Sounds like an epic course. I'd have liked to have done that one, save the world instead of blow glass xD

3. gretaoto

gretaoto Senior Member

I have a question about combing.

I combed two dreads out and it seems that I am actually ripping or breaking the hairs opposed to actually combing them. Is this what normally happens? The two I combed out have no length whatsoever, the hair is the same length as when they were dreaded.

I am so afraid if I comb out my hair will be so short and damaged.

4. vanuka

vanuka Member

Gret, it probably is quite a damaging process however you go about it so not ideal but yes, normal. Obviously conditioner is your only friend if you're combing, and I recommend conditioner meant for coloured hair as it's really... lubricate-y...... But remember you will lose length anyway because the hair at the bottom of your dreads is no longer connected to your head, so don't worry too much about that. It'll be fine anyway, hair is resillient.

5. Mirithiar

Mirithiar Member

A friend of mine combed hers out after 18 months - she got a good length and they were reasonably ok. She put LOADS of good conditioner on her dreads and kept it there for over 48h and then combed gradually out. It might be worth cutting the very tips off, they are a lost cause anyway.

6. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

music hit me so hard!!!
    MAKES ME WANNA SAY
    OH MY LORDD!!!!!

7. vanuka

vanuka Member

This.

8. gretaoto

gretaoto Senior Member

I don't think I will comb out anytime soon but I am really getting the itch too.

9. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

I've been craving/wondering about having normal hair again.

But then I remember 1) how awesome mah druids will look once they are longer. 2) what an arse they are to comb out, and i cba to make the decision to either brush (keep long hair, always wanted long hair) or cut them to have boy/dyke spikey hair (which ive always wanted).

10. vanuka

vanuka Member

DV you'd look so cute with a pixie cut! But you look utterly stunning with drewadz so...!

11. JimboWizbo

JimboWizbo Member

I'm good for the time being, happy with the dreadies. But I know it's inevitable I'll want short hair again eventually.

At which time I'll probably cut them, because that's what I'll want!

12. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Eeee tankyyooo!! When I was 13 or something my hairdresser said I wouldn't suit a pixie cut, cus I didn't have the face shape- I've got a round face, and apparently those sorts of short styles only suit 'elf' faced girls. My half sister had her hair short and I loooved it, and we both take after my dad, round face and big eyes. So if she can suit it so will I (one day!)!!!

13. aFoolOnaHill

aFoolOnaHill Proper Villain

Last time I checked, Zilla and Lux were the mods here.

'valid as well as irrelevant' indeed...

14. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

We need new mods really, as much as I like Z and Lux, we need mods who sign in more than one a year.

15. gretaoto

gretaoto Senior Member

I agree with that.

16. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

I'd offer to be a mod if Skip was looking, I'm pretty much always logged in.

17. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

You wouldn't ever mod anything

and thus I approve of this bid for mod-dom

18. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

I second this mod-dom

hdh <3

19. Enjoy

Enjoy Senior Member

I'll fucking mod this fucking joint fuck

20. fickle

fickle Member

Anyone else snowboard?

On powder days my dreads get all snowy and when the snow melts and refreezes on chairlifts or in the wind I end up with massive ice congos or a head of completely frozen dreads. Kinda cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.