Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by DrDooblittle, May 16, 2004.

1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Eh, I probably won't like mushroom then, I LOVE aggressiveness ;)

*Wants to hang out with FREE, now!! :p *

2. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

Charlie Manson ate alot of LSD and obiviously fed the girls alot too. They all spun out and Charlie told them a crazy idea and they said hey that sounds like a good idea and did it. Obivously they had to be trippin when they did it. Now he's locked up. Some of the girls are out now. I would be more worried about them. They are the ones who actually killed Sharon Tate.

3. shoelaceknots

shoelaceknots Member

I thought i'd bring up an old thread!!!
    Actually, i think my mother said that Charles himself killed Sharon. ..i think, don't quote me on that. But i think she also said that she actually saw Charles in person before he killed Sharon. wow.

Honestly, Every time i hear about Charles Manson, it makes me smile. Sure, he was wrong for what he did....it was so so wrong. but think about it like this!!!
    If someone had that great of an advantage, to be able to word everything into persuasiveness, and get people to agree...and it took effect and happened.....even if it was bad..or good......don't you think that you would want that ability too? Drug induced or not? If you could talk people into almost anything, if you could say something off the wall bogus, about..say... a piece of corn, and make people ponder for minutes on end about what you just said..about a simple piece of CORN (i'm sure he could!! i wouldn't doubt it!)..just think about it!

Sure, he's a psycho, he's a murderer, and he's evil.....But DANG!
    Maybe i'm just a little crazy, but i believe that THAT right THERE....the ability to TALK.....is just...wow.

4. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i beleive the exact same thing...
    he had such power
    he was such a great leader...
    i have a lot of respect for him, yet, i think he is a horribly wrong sadistic man.
    he deserves worse than what he got.

5. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Charlie didn't kill Sharon. Thank you for wasting your breath.

6. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Charles Manson came out and said he isn't a hippy and that he hates hippies. It just shows Society is so quick to judge people on how they look and dress, it's like...just cuz hes got long hair and radical clothes, they think hes a hippy, even know hes the complete opposite and condemns them.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

7. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

Yes I agree.

In 1967 i believe, my dad was hitchhiking with a friend through oregon, and he was picked up in a van by a man who told him he was named Charlie Manson(keeping in mind this was 2 years before everything went on...) . My dad said he had a funny feeling about this guy, and his eyes felt like they were trying to lure him in to something. He also said that everywhere they stopped, Charlie stopped and played his guitar and he was completely surrounded by girls, who seemed mesmerized by him.

He kept trying to give him acid, but my dad didn't want him. Finally he gave in and did, and at the next stop, he and his friend escaped from him but he said he remembers it so clearly it's sickening. Then 2 years later, they found out about the killings and my dad realized it was the same guy he was in the van with. Maybe you guys think its just one crazy acid trip but we've talked to his friend who was with him and remembers the exact same thing...

Also, if you saw that movie, did you notice that the everyone surrounded him while he played guitar, and they were saying that there was a crazy look in his eyes trying to pull you in? crazy, no?

8. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

If your dad really met Charles Manson, I would love to shake his hand.

9. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

then its a terrible thing you live in kentucky. hahah. we'd probably not make it cross the border. lol. my pappy has a criminal record for pot charges. hahahaha.

10. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I kind of have a similar story.
    My neighbor steve used to be a hippie. Well, in college, him and his buddies would go out drinking all night and then eat at this pancake house in the morning. He was drinking one night and this guy came up to him and started talking to him. He was kind of put off by this guy, he kept eye balling him and kept asking him to go get something to eat at the pancake house. He kept turning the guy down, and eventually went home. Well, turns out, that the guy steve met in the bar was Jeffery Dahmer, the serial killer. Yep, pretty fucking cool.

11. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I'll come to Canada.

12. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

At what time did Charles Manson decide that instead of having a good life, he would rather be a serial killer?

How long after learning about murder did Charlie decide, "I Want This Fucking Job! This Job's For Me!"?

Dennis Wilson and Terry Melcher could've gotten him into a fruitful music career, if he didn't kill people.

13. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

He never did have a good life. He said he's been in jail most of his life.

If I remember correctly, he was told his music sucked. Music that sucks doesn't get you a fruitful music career.

14. Tristen

Tristen PushTheLilDaisies

Could you tell me the name of the books, please? Not sure if this was mentioned on another page, sorry. Your information is really interesting & I would be down to read some of that...
    Thanks

15. grendel 44

grendel 44 Dazed and Confused

Were any of you even born when this happened? I was and let me tell you about Charlie. He was a criminal from the beginning and had been in jail most of his adult life. He had the jailhouse mentality and was on a power trip. He used LSD to brainwash his followers, who were all much younger than him. He came out of jail and discovered that a new thing had happened, hippies with their unconventional ideas and he decided this was something he could take advantage of and feel like he was "someone" instead of the bottom feeder he really was.
    I had friends that went to Spahn ranch and had met him ant the others. They were smarter than his average sheep and left after a short time. Said he was a freak on a power trip and they would not fall for his crap. The people who fell for it were mostly young girls who were naive enough to swallow his bullshit and guys who figured they could have a great time with all those sweet young things.

There is nothing to have admired in the man and it was him and others like him who gave hippies a bad name.

As for his so called music, it was truly pathetic.

[The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.
    John Lennon

16. Tristen

Tristen PushTheLilDaisies

Blah Blah..whatever.. It is one thing to believe someone is intelligent. It is a whole other thing to respect them. You are saying that he's intelligent AND that you respect him. It's sad. VERY SAD.

As far as "now that he's behind bars, can't we all get along?" Well, thats great in theory, but to still have people who believe and RESPECT this man is scary. It just places a whole new beginning on what will come next.

17. Meeshka Chaukinov

Meeshka Chaukinov Senior Member

charles manson was one scary dude....the guy uses his last name as a stage name is one scary dude. coincidence? I THINK NOT!

18. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

He hated hippies. How do you give someone you hate a bad name?

Yes, respect.

19. themakerofmonkeys

themakerofmonkeys Member

marilyn manson uses mansons name to show the bad side of life and marilyn tro show the good side. Like black and white.

Personally i think charles manson was intelligent but still pretty scary.

20. blazednconfused

blazednconfused Member

they do... there are tons of fansites for people that worship him basically. It really is a horrible thing.