Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by DrDooblittle, May 16, 2004.

1. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Have you ever heard the saying "Actions speak louder than words?"
    Just because he has/had good ideas, does not mean that he is to be admired. I have his album "Lie". I think his songs were great. Do I admire the man? No. Do I have respect for him? Nope. He is a racist and a misogynist and a murderer.

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

You don't have to respect or admire the man. I do.

I have heard that saying, do I believe it? NO.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm waiting----and by the way do you believe in emulating those you admire?

4. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

just because somebody does something bad, doesn't mean they're not intelligent.

look at hitler. intelligent man, but a fucking racist. and don't try to say he wasn't intelligent either, because no moron would be able to brainwash people the way he did, and gain the kind of power he had. he obtained it through very clever techniques which he'd been planning for years. that doesn't make it right, though.

i know this is nothing to do with hitler, but there's a comparison there. both of these men did horrible things, but that doesn't make them stupid.

sometimes the most intelligent and creative people, can be crazy.

5. darsunt

darsunt Member

I always liked the hippies for being different fron the mainstream, and for their nonviolent message. I always thought of them as being creative, if eccentric people. I felt the hippie lifestyle to be esthetically pleasing, although materially lacking. I felt hippies overall were as decent as anyone else.

So it surprised me when I found out that during the sensational Manson trial Manson was used as a symbol for ALL hippies. I never thought of hippies like that. But the author Hunter Thompson opened my eyes to how many people in the mainstream thought of hippies...'as wild eyed animals, with semen encrusted pants soaked from constant masturbation, always on the lookout to rape or murder decent folk.'

I suppose any mainstream society needs to feel it is perfect, and that anyone who would reject their values, there must be something wrong or even wicked about that person. I guess it is difficult for respectable society to believe anyone good or decent could reject their ways. But to stigmatize all hippies with Manson...just because they thought mainstream wasn't perfect...has got to be one of the dirtiest political tricks in history. Makes you wonder what the 'respectable' in respectable society really means.

6. cortneycoxsucker

cortneycoxsucker Member

fuck sake hitler was a smart man aswell,do we respect him.........do we fuck :mad:

7. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yes. I respect him. He rallied a whole nation to arms to follow a cause. No one has ever united so many people in all of history. Do I like Hitler? No. I fucking detest him. But thats different then respect. Do I respect Manson? No. He rallied a handful of kids who were heavilly under the influence of drugs. What did he acomplish? What kind of constructivness did he do? Nothing. He killed. That does not commend respect. Hitler stabilized a country in depression. That commends respect. What he did was sick evil and wrong but he did something constructive. Charlie was just a sick fuck.

[edit] Oh yeah! Moon Flower do you listen to a lot of mushroomhead?

8. darsunt

darsunt Member

I wonder if Manson was really that smart. What he did was extraordinarily scary, but I think lots of people do crazy things. In any big city over a thousand people a year are murdered.

I think alot of Manson's reputation is because the media focused on it and blew it up so big. They did it because there was a large audience of mainstream people who really disliked the hippies (strange thought to me) and were lusting for anything that made hippies look bad. The media satisfied that lust by sticking Manson in everyone's mind. But I suspect every year there are people who do things even more amazing and terrible than Manson, but they don't get so heavily publicized. Nobody hears about them.

9. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

All I have to say is this: thank God for you, moon_flower, for being there to respect and admire this worthless and pathetic excuse for a human being and making it so that the rest of us don't have to respect or admire him. You certainly have your work cut out for you!

10. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Waiting for what, scratcho??

No, DarkLunacy, I don't listen to mushroomhead, I don't dig them. They seem like they try to hard to be like slipknot, or something.

I'll take that as a compliment, Angel. :)

11. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i couldnt give 2 shits about manson he's an old man now.

12. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

They sound nothing like Slipknot. They only have one drummer and they havent changed their image 16 times either

13. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Aren't they the guys with the masks?

And, they could never be HALF the musicians as Slipknot, appearance change, or no appearance change!

14. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

This is gonna get relocated. They used to use these cloths masks but they just started to paint the mask on instead. The only thing driving slipknot is the drums. Weak lyrics "Dont give a shit. Dont ever judge me." Now if thats not a double standard I don't know what is.

15. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

What do you mean relocated??

Slipknot has some decent lyrical songs, too! But, the drums do keep them alive, yes.

16. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I mean were talking about music instead of Manson. I asked because Mushroomheads got a song "Bwomp" That has a line "If it were up to me I'd free Charles Manson"

17. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Maybe they really aren't that bad, then :p

18. FREE

FREE Member

i think id be cool to hang with charlie man,sure hes a crazy mother but im positive i could take him,beside,im deeply in love with susan atkins,maybe he could hook me up

;)

lol

19. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Lots of knot fans refuse to listen to Mushroomhead but when they do they like em. Different sound entirelly. Less agressive, more decadent.

FREE do you think Manson would kill you?

20. FREE

FREE Member

no i dont,if anything i think i could problly influence him to shut the fuck up with his nonsence ramblings and chill the fuck out and have a beer

heheheh