Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by DrDooblittle, May 16, 2004.

1. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

That bastard gave hippies such a bad name. I hope he dies a painful death and then roasts in the darkest hottest pits of hell. Anyone else feel this way??

2. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Agreed and agreed.

Did you watch the Charles Manson CBS movie that came on tonight, too?

3. luna99

luna99 Member

gah, I wanted to watch it but forgot about it... was it any good?

4. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Yeah, it was pretty good. Jeremy Davies freaked me out as Manson. The whole thing was eerie, but that's to be expected.

5. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

He hated hippies. His followers were hippies, he was just a great conman and spin doctor. He's a psychotic stupid madman and he will surely burn in hell for his crimes.

6. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

i watched majority of the movie to say the least, but it just felt eerie as someone has previously has said. those people, the followers, it wasnt like they were brainwashed or rather they were, just was strange the whole overall persona of the movie. the whole theories and secrets behind charles manson is rather interesting and gets alot of people heated on the subject. this was back in the late 60s, do you think people are like that with a follower that we dont even know about it nowadays?

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i wasnt aware he was associated with hippies.

man hes poppin up all over these forums, tv philosophy random thoughts and now here!

8. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What bothers me about Charles Manson is that he was given life WITH the option for parole. He comes up for parole every so often,and it has always been denied. I heard on the news that he is up for parole again in, I think 2006. I can't believe that parole would actually be granted, but as crazy as things are sometimes, I think it is possible. Yikes...I would never feel safe!

I saw the movie last night, and yes, it was pretty damn eerie...

9. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

He comes up for parole every few years. They'll never let him out. He's spent most of his life there. What would he do now? No one would want to be around him out of fear.

I saw the movie last night. I think it was better than the original movie of the same name. It let you see what the murders were like and how he was with the family and everything. I just didn't like when they showed "Jerry Rubin". Was he in support of Manson because that's what it sounded like?

I refuse to think of Manson as a hippie. Sure it was a commune, but he even admits he hates hippies. He thinks their pussys. A person who believes in murder and is racist cannot be a hippie in my book.

10. Acorn

Acorn Member

i saw most the movie. it was probly the scarest freakest thing i have ever seen in my entire life. he isnt a hippie at all, just a crazy guy who wanted people to do his dirty work. i hope he doesnt give people a bad inpression of hippies. the freakest part would have to be after they killed the 6 or somthing people and were so happy and all that one girl could think of was how her head hurt after that lady she was killing pulled on her hair.

11. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Hell yeah, that guy was CRAZY. I only read a little bit of Helter Skelter and it just made me feel weird just because everything that happened was so sick and disturbing. Did anyone see the movie they made of it on CBS or whatever station? I watched half of it last night and they did a pretty good job.. except Charley reminded me more of Jim Morrison than of Mr. Manson. Eh, maybe that's the way he was, I don't know.

12. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Eh, I don't know about that. He was very manipulative and there's a large possibility that he still has a few underground followers out there today. He became a huge icon in the 60's, who's to say people wouldn't still flock to him now?

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

do you people believe EVERYTHIHNG you see on teevee?

man!!

have you ever seen any of charles manson's interviews? the man is sketchy, but he's got some ideas about things that are pretty interesting.

and he didnt ever actually KILL anyone.

lemmings.

14. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Yeah...he just brainwashed a load of people to kill

15. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

well, of course. that's why their keeping him in. he's very persuasive. BUT his life wouldn't amount to anything more in freedom than it will in prison.

16. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

that dude was crazy..and it is true that he didnt like hippies..he looked the part and manipulated weak minded ppl...they where never hippies..even though they sure as hell looked it and ppl thought they where just a group of hippies...eh its all so wrong...peace and love

17. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

You're right. I mean, he's only a sick racist pig who brainwashed people into thinking he was Jesus and killing on his behalf. And thought The Beatles wrote "Helter Skelter" to him as a symbol of a race war between blacks and whites, when really it was nothing more than a song written about a damn fairground ride.

Yeah. Silly ol' me for believing everything I see on "teevee". :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

18. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

holy fuck i saw part of the movie and i was freaking out. Then i looked up pictures of sharon tate and couldnt help but cry. well almost. Why dont they just give him the death penalty? he deserves it.

19. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

that shits fucked up. ugh dont EVER look at the crime scene pics.

20. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

i believe (if I remember right) california law prohibits death penalty. it changed right before his case.