Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by Biggen, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

does anyone think that the veggies, herbs and flowers in this garden may be feeling a little depressed these days with all the negative type conversations flying around? Personally I think if those of you who have not had experience with back to the land life should sit back and listen....y'all may learn something you never knew rather than thinking you do.... oh btw this is not Ranger but Rangers old lady, Rita

2. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

Shameless,Ranger...

Sure..you are both right..
    Don't take any attack too personal..;)
    On internet you will always have people who disagree..
    or agree..with any given topic..try to make a fist in your
    pocket..real hippies don't flame..don't insult others..:)
    The ones who do..well..that's their lookout..
    I have great respect for old hippies..but also for young hippies..
    without young hippies..our ideas and movement will finish..
    and therefore..a 1000 cheers to all young hippies here..
    they deserve the respect for speaking out..only when they
    directly open their mouth in a very negativ way..
    towards any hippie belief or principles..well..then I will give
    them full shit back..nobody will touch or destroy our ideas:&
    Emiel.

3. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

It is not when a seeker of truth comes and questions, it's when ones that act like they do not like hippies or our ideals that come in a Hippie Website and talks down to us, or about us that I have to think they are trolling. If what they are saying has a reference to what the topic is, or if they just come to throw garbage on us while we are having a peaceful conversation about whatever.
    One with any Class does not go to some ones home and tell them they are fucked up for thinking or living like they do. They would be shown the door. If they don't like the topic, there are plenty of other forums in here that may have something that they are interested in. If they don't have something to add to the topic and just say how stupid it or we are for having it then it would point to the direction of them just here to make trouble.

I am a Hippie, I have been one as long as I can remember. When you step on hippie toes, your stepping on mine. When you come into someones place and want to sit at the table and belong you can't come in throwing disrepective comments around and think it's cool. If you have something to say about it say it, but don't make it personal on our group or any individual that is at the table. Lets just keep personalities out of it.

I had to work hard and scrap to get where I am today, nothing was handed to me. I think Rita is right on, if you don't know about something, sit back and listen and learn from ones that do. We are students and teachers here, what we learn helps us grow, then we pass it on. If it doesn't resonate with you, just go on about your journey untill you find what does. No need to get ugly acting and start chit some poor Mod will have to clean up.

This thread has been drug off topic three times now. Maybe we need a 'Rants and Raves' thread for all the disgruntled posters that don't like certin topics, that way they won't disturb the threads and thay can speak their mind and blow off steam. Perhaps someone will open one.

sh

4. junkhead

junkhead Member

i never professed myself a hippy
    and i posted because i had an opinion on what he said
    if you read my post you will see that i didn't say hippies where stupid i said most PEOPLE are stupid particually the type of people who are hippies
    and they are most ''hippies'' are idealistic, ignorant or living in a world that doesnt exist
    don't be so fucking thin-skinned, i was giving my opinion

5. shameless_heifer

I don't know about anyone else, but it sounded to me like you were calling we hippies stupid. not just stupid, but especially stupid. And to me that is a slur against us. Manson was NOT a hippie he was a wolf in sheeps clothing.
    Good Grief, do you know nothing about us at all.

One does not just walk into a hippie website and dis hippies and exspect candy and flowers. Your comment was at the least putting hippies down. You don't have to like us. but don't come in and make rash statements about us that could be misconstrued as putdowns. Choose your words wisely, where they don't come across as negitive energy against us, and all will be peacefull in the Garden. And please don't walk on the Flowers.

In Love and Light
    sh

6. Xac

Xac Visitor

I dont think junk heads "discrimination" was directed at hippies but at people as a whole, i think he was simply stating that alot of stupid people (as are most people) are hippies and amongst them manson would not have had a hard time finding followers, i think the same could be said for 'goths' 'punks' or what ever group you want to catorgorize.

SH, I have read this thread and it seems to me that you are blocking a lot of debate by taking so much personally, perhaps this isnt the thread for debate i am not totally sure but unless we can agree to disagree what can we possibly learn?

I think, hotel Afrique didnt need to be threatned with a ban (which was by another moderator) and he did "personally attack" me but i didnt let it bother me because it wasnt any serious "trolling" or any serious insults.

Finally, i apologise for any typos, as i am slightly drunk :)

7. shameless_heifer

All I'm saying is Choose Your Words Wisely so they wont be mis-interpeted as a troll, flame ect.

Hotel Afrique was with a group of others that came in from another site with the intent to troll. They all came in at the same time in different threads and began to cause friction in the forums. I was warned after he started harrassing ones in here, including me, by someone that knew them from the site from which they came.

I would also like to add something about me. When someone is calling me out, yes I do take it personally.
    If you never learn anything else about me, learn this. I am an Empath/Sensitive. I pickup the underlying intent, I feel it right down to my bones. And you don't have to be a physic to see the real intent behind some of the comments. I'm not sitting here all mean faced when I am I'm asking someone to be cool.

When I see darkness I shine the LIGHT on it so it does not creep in and block out the sun. The Flowers, Herbs, and Veggies ( as Rita so poeticly phrased it) cannot survive in darkness.

In the Garden, Ranger and me are the Lightkeepers,and Gardeners. We are here to protect and nurish the Garden Dwellers. In our many many year of experience as hippies, living breathing, doing, hippies. We both have counciled ones that have lost the light in their lives, we ourselves have been lost at times on the path to enlightenment. We understand, the plight of the human development. We can also smell BullShit walking a mile away.

If you think, and I am saying this in the nicest way I know how, you can do a better job then Step up to the Plate and take a swing at being a Mod. I suppose we could let the weeds take over and suck the life from the Garden if that's what you want.

I don't know what else to tell ya, man, we are doing the best we can.
    sh

8. junkhead

junkhead Member

i don't have to choose my words wisely
    i have an opinion just as you do

9. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Shameless Heifer----What is this paranoic fear of "flaming"? Hell, I enjoy morons jumping on my ass. FLAME ME ALWAYS! My retaliation may be considerable, and not pleasant.

How terribly unfortuntate.

This is, after all, the pure expression of The First Amendment.

Live with it.

10. Zer0_II

Zer0_II Member

I agree with Xac on this. I posted earlier in this thread, and I've already said my peace about the whole Manson deal. Now that I've had time to look back I suppose I might have been a little agressive. I have a tendacy to do that sometimes though :) I must confess that I love a good debate. No hard feelings. From what I've read I think SH is a good person and genuinely means well.

11. shameless_heifer

There were about ten post deleted from the thread so you didn't read it all and didn't see what I was responding to.....Whatever, Ya'll have at it. I'm not here to spoil your fun.
    sh

12. Zer0_II

Zer0_II Member

I was actually referring to how you responded to me. You seemed to take it a little too personal.