Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by Biggen, Aug 20, 2005.

1. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

I met Manson in 1967 in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. He had just gotten out of prison and didn't have his legions of followers yet. I was coming down from my first acid trip (purple haze) when I noticed him staring intently at me. Something drew me to him, but when I neared him and he offered me a cookie, I was repelled by the sheer evil he exuded. I could actually feel the force of his negative being. I hastily split, but that feeling of utter evil I didn't forget, and a few years later, when he was arrested and his photo was on TV, I remembered his face.

And, yes, he was a short person but so were Hitler, Napoleon, Mao, Stalin and other human beasts.

I'm only surprised that more ignorant hippies didn't take up with him. Believe me, there was no shortage of them. Me, I was from the beatnik scene and much preferred the East and West Villages. For me, the 60's were about New York City.

2. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Ha.
    My friend is related to Charlie.
    Wierd.

3. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

4. Xac

Xac Visitor

HotelAfrique, Hitler was Adored by thousands of german women and many people found him "great and wonderful" charlie is and has always been a sociopath, he has been in and out of jail his whole life, are you going to tell me the establishment was threatened by him then?

In my opinion charlie is no better then the government that you think is so threatened by him. Do you think bush should be held accountable for his wars? he didnt actually kill anyone in iraq for example.

5. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

I would like to ask all you non amaricans. How clean are the closets that your government hides it's skeletens in. You think the US is the only corrupt governmental system. They are all corrupt so get over yourselves.

6. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

any government that locks up gardeners and shamans above other innocent people is definetly currupt,and the majority of them do have laws against such people so i'd have to agree with shameless.

7. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

8. Xac

Xac Visitor

HotelAfrique, i agree they should have kept charlie in prison, infact when they released him, he didnt want to go. Playing the age card hey? so in your opinion wisdom is directly proportional to age?

You say charlie had such great insight and the ability to change the way people see and think but in the end what did he do with it? he ordered his followers to kill and fear their fellow citizens and you know what? thats what alot of americans go through every day the only difference between charlie and everyone else is he had a messiah complex. fact is he didnt change anything for the better and he didnt use his influence for good.

9. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

No, not age, most people regardless of age are pretty narrow minded with little knowledge or common sense. The difference is that unless you are somehow very exceptional (different), your opinions are only opinions, because you have had very little experience of life. Comeback after you have done a degree and postgrad in some solid subject like Sociology, or Psychology, or criminology or politics or History with a strong human element and then a few more years of work, life, travel, ups and downs, this and that, and then I could maybe take you seriously.

And by the way, I didn't say they should keep him in prison.

You obviously have no understanding of the 1960's. If you want to understand Charles Manson, you need to understand late 60's America. Go out and by a book mate, and not one of those shitty little ones either. Get a good book with 2000 pages that isn't written by some right-wing fascist, christian nutter or pro-Israeli Jewish chosen-one freak, and read it, and then maybe you will learn something. Argue all you want. You know little, as I knew little but thought I knew everthing at your age.

Teenagers always think they know everything.

10. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Hotel, This IS my forum and altho I may not agree with your belief I do beleive you have the right to voice your opinon. But seeing how OUR constitution does not include your counrty. I will warn you that anymore degrading remarks from you about my beloved Texas, the state that has opened it's heart and home to over 2,500.000 refugees your coments are void and uninteresting and if they dont stop your outta here.

You sit there and condem other's action from your comfy chair and speculate. Your not even from this country yet your think you know it all... appearently you know nothing except for what your pompas self what's to spew out on innocent people.

Either lighten up or stay out of my forums. I can and will delete your ugly post and ban you from my forum. You know very little to nothing about any thing we have been discussing here, you just want to blow, go blow somewhere else.

And further more, I dont care if you THINK I'm a hippie or not, it's my life and my memories. You my biased friend need to search for your Higher self and stop thinking with your little mind. Your EGO ridden little self.

And that goes for anyone wanting to come into my forums and breed dis-content. Play nice.

Shameless Heifer MODERATOR

11. pabloman

pabloman Member

Way to go heifer[​IMG]

12. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Dude...its four years difference....get over yourself

13. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This Hotel guy's a joke.

14. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

As to your final remark "Shameless aka Shameful" this falls within my concept of a personal attack and childish name calling and as a Co-Moderator of this Forum if anymore of that sort of thing if she does't see fit to ban you I wiill.

15. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

Don't argue then, if you haven't come to argue, because arguing is exactly what you are doing in the above message. You see this is the problem with you Christian fundamentalist, Texan, red-necks, just like all those fundamentalist Muslims that you despise, you don't listen; you have made up your minds and that is it. Well let me tell you something, you red-necks are living in the dark ages, we don't live in Europe like you do there in your military, gun-ridden, segregated, poverty and crime ridden, imperialist, I have more than you do, and oh he is so strange because he is a homosexual, state. We are much more liberal over here. Face it, your not a hippy, hippies don't have your values, and neither do liberals, your a christian fundamentalist; you may have been San Francisco, but you never were a hippy and that's why your now in Texas: land of the red-neck and George Bush the dimwit and all his murderous cronies.

As for an ego, I have a lot less than you and understand a lot more than you having wrote a mayor thesis on it as part of my Degree in Politics of South Asia and Eastern Religions, so don't talk about ego to me. You see, I like to argue and I'm not afraid, unlike you, to admit it. Why? Because people like yourself are full of shit fake hippies.

As for all the migrants you talk about; well somebody as to clean your toilets and serve you all the junk food that you Americans love.

As for the USA, it has produced and continues to produce great artists in every field and there are many really interesting and wonderful people, but a larger part are pretty ignorant of the world in which they live.

Stop arguing and I'll stop arguing. Or delete me from this forum if you only like to here the sound of your own voice.

16. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

I'm 30, not 22. Check my profile again and do the maths, you dimwit. What possibly gave you the idea that I'm 22?

As for the ban, who cares, i don't care about bans, especially when it concerns you red-necks. Ban me off the whole site if you want. For me this site is only for relaxation, it's not my life.

As for your comparative religious studies, been there, done it, been around India, Pakistan, Iran and twenty other countries and done a lot more things besides. What have you red-necks done?

Get it into your heads, your red-necks, not hippies. I'm not a hippy either, and I don't think there is a hippy on this site, despite the name. We're all hypocrites when it comes to professing that were hippies. Why? Because hippies don't use computers as frequent as us, if at all.

As for the numbers thing, no, there is a difference red-reck, killing 50,000 plus innocent Iraqis is a lot worse than a few rich people from the Hollywood Hills. You see if they had killed a few black people in some black ghetto, no one would have made a fuss about the whole thing. Oh no, but she was white, and pregnant. But what about all the pregnant Iraqi women who are having your bombs dropped on them every day, thanks to all you tax paying American citizens.

As for me talking crap, as is suggested by one red-neck above, the only thing I have to say to that, is that you red-necks don't have the capacity to debate on my level, and I don't care how arrogant that may seem to you all.

Is there not an intelligent person on this forum?

17. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

Anyone with a name like Ranger with the photo of some guy posing with his gun, has got to be a Red-Neck.

18. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

As for doing a PHD. Got better things to do than spend five years in some stuffy library reading dusty books. Been there done it.

As for Mother England, your right, there a load of Fascists as well; I'm Welsh, we've got better things to do than killing people for profit.

As for Haight Ashbury, what did Haight Ashbury ever do for the world?

Manson is not a Serial Killer, and it would make no difference to me if he was; I just hate Red-Necks, injustice, and the artificial shaping of society; am I getting to intellectual for you Red-Necks? Manson is probably a Red-Neck himself. I'm losing you now aren't I?

As for Texas, everyone knows that Texans are Red-Necks; news travels fast you know. Name one famous liberal Texan?

As for evil, it doesn't exist. It is all in the mind. Common Ranger, you should know that, or was Buddhism too heavy for you.

19. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The Forum Guidelines state
    1. Flaming/Trolling: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Posters who speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude will be banned. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people or their beliefs will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned.
    And you were required to read and agree to these guidelines before posting. Your assumptions, personal attacks, and hateful name calling on what seems to be a racial and/or religious basis go beyond the bounds of this forum therefore you will no longer be welcome in this forum.

20. HotelAfrique

HotelAfrique Member

Don't debate if you cannot debate. Bye