Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by Biggen, Aug 20, 2005.

1. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I didn't know he gave lsd to his "children"(the very young kids he had on his ranch). I can't even imagine how that would effect the child. Anyone know any more info on this?

2. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

didnt realise there was pages already posted

3. sociopaths are usually charismatic, it's not because they're good looking, not because they have to be smart or anything, they just don't have their hang ups worrying about what they are doing, instead they are reading you, dinding out how to make you do what they want

it's kinda the same way animals have an almost precognitive sense of what people are going to do, they are watching us tense our muscles to turn while in our minds we are still certifying the descision

just instead of it being physical it's well mental and emotional, picking up cues that you aren't giving off intentionally

I mean if there was ever a sociopath, manson is it, a distinction between good and evil, but no\very little passive alarm system and even if it were there he likely wouldn't care

people are fascinated with him because of that charisma, because he used the trappings of something about peace and turned it so far into something about personal warfare and gratification.

4. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Pixiefied, a lot of his dumb hippie followers were lost little young runaways when he first got his hands on them, but the children I believe Mushie 18 was refering to were the really young preteens at the ranch.

SH, while I agree that he's a prime example of the need for a death penalty I say that not because I feel a need for punishment, but as a simple need on the part of humankind to practice self-defence. I'm quite willing to leave punishment to krama and or God/ess, a higher force usually much more inventive than myself.
    Self-defence and defence of family are a responsibility however and I don't feel that 'life without parole' is a guarenteed permanent removal from society. Life sentences will always be at the mercy of the politicians and changeable at thier whim.

5. Biggen

Biggen Banned

This is exactly where I didn't want this thread to go....Ah, well...everyone's entitled.

6. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

yes, ranger I agree to that, It's basicly what I meant.
    I dont understand why they keep these preditors alive and well fed. What if they were to excape or god forbid be paroled and let loose on humanity again.

I dont beleive in mindless killing, but I do believe in the death penalty in some cases.
    With manson, Lecter, mcvey and the rest of the serial killers at the head of the line.
    Out of preservation for the children to come.

7. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Charlie is a waste of good jail space; the ego he has now is much more of a danger than he was when he was playing out his mind games on society.
    Cinnamom has read a great deal about Charlie & his family. Charlie is short, about 5'2'' and had charisma plus the ability to spot 'lost sheep', his favorite targets for his cult. He also used many psychological tactics for recruitment. A tall 'Charlie' who was part of the Manson family was also known as 'Tex'-given name Charles Watson; members purposely switched names around to create confusion making it easier to avoid jailtime for the theft that they so often took part in.
    The LaBianca murders were random, Charlie was trying to show his people how to do it 'right' without the chaos of the Tate murders. The Tate murders were a partial retaliation against Terry Melcher, son of Doris Day, who was close with the Wilsons. Brian or Dennis had promised to set Charlie up with a record producer but blew Charlie off at Terry's urging. Charlie had been to the house and knew the layout.
    Charlie had nothing to do with the writing of the Beatle's song Helter Skelter; he had delusions that the Beatles were speaking to him through their music. He did, however, accuse the Beach Boys of stealing one of his songs.

and if any of Charlie's followers had followed the hippie philosophy of Questioning Authority, the murders would have never happened. So many years later & people still want to know about him-very sad really-guess there wasn't enough media attention for the Haight Family groups who went on to do good things...........

8. JayBird

JayBird Member

I agree. I'm a long time supporter of the death penalty. I just don't like the way it's carried out, like putting down a sick animal. I favor hanging or shooting. I think we're safe from Lecter, though.;)

9. JayBird

JayBird Member

Helter Skelter was supposedly an amusement park ride in England. Somehow it became a metaphor for armageddon. Why? Only Charlie knows, but he's been diagnosed by prison shrinks as a schizophrenic.

10. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Charles Manson auditioned to be in the Monkees

edit: ok, I decided to see if what I had heard on a radio show once was accurate, so I cut and pasted my post into the google box, and first result dispelled the myth I repeated. my bad for spreading misinformation.[​IMG]

11. hug a bahaii today

hug a bahaii today Member

nothing like frightening violent minds with something as peace-centered as this "mantra" of hinduism....lol
    i love it!! carry on with that dude, maybe it'll spread!............"aummmm"

12. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

-Charlie had one of the most abusive childhoods you can imagine.

-All of his "followers" did so voluntarily.

-Charlie was never accused of killing anyone in the Tate/La Bianca murders.
    He was accused of telling some of his fellow mis-fits to kill, but Lt. Calley was only jailed for months after telling his followers to slaughter everyone in Mai Lei (over 600 men women and children, making Charlie look like a punk amatuer).

The death penalty is wrong because sometimes innocent people are tortured to death (executed). That's why the death penalty does not exist in most countries.

Back to the topic:
    I was at a party back in '66 that Manson also attended. I have no independant recollection of him, but I visited the Spahn ranch shortly after Manson was convicted and met remnants of his "family".

13. Skidrow Eddie

Skidrow Eddie Member

Poor Charlie! What a bum rap that despicable low life piece of shit got!

Oh well, I guess that's what you get for hangin' around teenaged white trash runaways!

14. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Charlie didn't kill the Labiancas, he was accused of tying them up, not sure if it was 'proven' or not-guess i should have mentioned that before. It was a 'quieter, less fear' thing.

What do people think of putting all mass murders in an Alaskan prison, made into a Survivor-type setting; big enough to make them hunt and build their own dwellings, make their own tools to hunt, be humane and give then the ability to grow a garden or choose to hunt by setting small wild game in the enclosure; with walls to keep them in, guard posted with 'shoot to kill' orders on escape?

It be cheaper and it'd put them in the middle of their own game; let it support itself by becoming a reality show (probally giving away a billion dollar idea here, oh well...)

Cinnamom

15. Xac

Xac Visitor

When punishment becomes entertainment it will just be another sign we are losing our way.

16. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

But watching reality TV is punishment-least it is for us

seriously tho-not as much into the entertainment aspect as having mass murders & people who will never get out of jail pay their own way. 'Course we think jailing drug offenders who don't have violent backgrounds is wrong.....

What's really sad (or maybe scary) is that some people would actually watch it!

17. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

"What do people think of putting all mass murders in an Alaskan prison, made into a Survivor-type setting; big enough to make them hunt and build their own dwellings, make their own tools to hunt, be humane and give then the ability to grow a garden or choose to hunt by setting small wild game in the enclosure; with walls to keep them in, guard posted with 'shoot to kill' orders on escape?"

France did that. That wonderful idea was called Devil's Island.

A few years ago, 2 teen-age members of an Indian tribe up in I think Alaska beat a pizza-delivery guy almost to death on an Indian reservation.
    They were tried in Indian court, found guilty and were sentenced innovatively.
    They were taken by boat to a remote unihabited island, given a box of matches and a hatchet and were told that someone would be back in a couple of years to pick them up.

18. Xac

Xac Visitor

I dont suppose you know how that ended?

19. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

one burnt himself to death, the other suffered a nasty nick on his thumb.

20. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sad to say but manson was an abuser writ large. He found a pool of victims and was at the top end of the asocial scale but there are many little mansons still in this world. They abuse wives, children, and get ordinary people to do there biding. Many of the ones who have learned to mimic the rest of us are in positions of power. You cannot point to manson and say – this man stands alone.