Chances of America being nuked within 5 years?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by verminous_plague, Jun 25, 2014.

1. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

It's possible.

Also, those scholars aren't scholars for nothing.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh well. Not gonna worry bout that anymore than I worry bout a meteorite or some other piece of space hitting the earth.... totally possible but nothing I can do about that either.

3. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Exactly

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nah it won't happen. I believe one nuke would cause another nuke which would cause another nuke and then we can all die and not have to worry about it. That won't happen though, even the Korean guy is too spineless.. in a positive way of course.

I also believe America would have laser beams that would take down a nuke well before it entered mainland. For it to happen it would have to be on the land itself, like a stolen nuke or something which probably wouldn't happen either.

5. verminous_plague

verminous_plague Banned

my point is america can't maintain being a world superpower when it goes bankrupt. and other competing world powers like china or russia will move in when that inevitably occurs. they are preparing for this. so why wouldn't they hasten a collapse by a preemptive nuke/emp strike on america.

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Read most of the previous posts for the reasons why China and/or Russia would not do that. ;)

And don't think that I don't think at least one of those countries would consider it IF they would get away with it... but I don't think they are nearly stupid enough to think they'd get away with it.

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

How about this way rightie; they nuke America they don't go into the dark ages; they don't nuke America chances are the Russians will go into the dark ages first.:biker:

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Up, down and back around.

9. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I had a question Am. terr, Is this now politics or physics? Ignore the question if you are not following the philosophy and religion discussion.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

;) Haven't checked the physics thread yet if that's what you're referring to. But without having read that thread, perhaps a hybrid of physics and politics.

11. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I'm surprised it hasn't happened. I think it will occur when no one expects it. Everyone will be singing kumbaya and the BAM!

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Not become the victim of nuclear holocaust, but something more intellectually enlightening totally out of time: the end of the book worm. Since all of the knowledge of experimental science performed by experimental physicists, biologists, and the like will have to turn the pages in the accomplished action of keying in appearances of verse as at the typing in of our own explanations, heating the screens with our pinkies, transferring diagrams as pictures when we have no mind for it; the end of the book worm turns into the outlines of the new beginning of the owl of minerva. Ipads become presto through the application of experiment the imagined rubicon and the shinola of improved production into post-modernism, the true way: instant theory in our heads for the light of changing natural science. The horizon of any discovery according to any law of physics or say chemistry is that we find modules of rearranged space in time.

It's not book worms which frighten the institutions of higher learning. It is the mythical mechanical owl of minerva that flies into the computer at day and night interfacing (for communication).:2thumbsup:

13. verminous_plague

verminous_plague Banned

people are very naive and foolish for not even considering that america may be preemptively nuked in the near future. and the minimum emp attack to knock out americas vulnerable power grid. most military advisors in america have been saying that for decades. it's inevitable especially considering the weak financial situation america is in, on the verge of economic ruin as china and russia build up military and send spy ships off our coasts. wake up folks..

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

"most military advisors in america have been saying that for decades."

uhmm, no shit, it helps them keep their jobs :rolleyes:
    just like the DEA claims weed is a dangerous drug.

Who exactly is naive here?

on another note;

the tone of this bullshit sounds familiar....
    is this STPlsd's alter ego?

naw, couldn't be, he hasn't accused anyone of being a Liberal yet.

15. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

But it is also true that the power grid, along with many other aspects of infrastructure in the USA are degrading.

I mean that can be factchecked, which is another thing a lot of STP's claims don't allow as he refuses the discourse.

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

not disputing that at all, just not buying the paranoid, alarmist, idiocy.

I bet verminous and STP would get along pretty good.......:daisy:

wait a minute verminous, are you a Liberal?

17. verminous_plague

verminous_plague Banned

so you're a pothead? that explains a lot..

18. verminous_plague

verminous_plague Banned

hey noxious have you read the news today? russia is reopening the soviet-era spybase in cuba. putin made a deal to write off their debt for the base and now will reopen the spybase..gee i wonder why putin would do that? the spybase was used to spy on america before? but i'm just an alarmist when i say russia is rearming and getting aggresive geopolitically once again. but it's no big deal go back to sleep or in your case go smoke a joint and forget everything..

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL

Uhhmmmm,
    so I'm now labeled a "pothead" because I brought up the DEA to illustrate a point?

nice, naive attempt at an ad-hominum attack, but sorry, it just confirms that you are an absolute fucking moron and to a large percentage of people, especially at HF, don't consider being a "pot head" as a negative thing, so you fail in that respect as well..

Why don't you go suck a gay dick and contract some horrible infection because of course according to you ALL disease is spread by homosexuals.

what a dumb****.

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Blah, blah, blah, doesn't matter what Putin does, doesn't alter the fact that you are a paranoid fuck-tard.