Chance of pregnancy with condom? Help me ease my worries?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Feraldobie, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Feraldobie

Feraldobie Newbie

Me and my bf lost our virginities on the 13th this month. We used a condom and he finished like a foot away from me. The condom didn’t break and we made sure it was on the whole time.

despite all this, I’m still paranoid that somehow I could be pregnant. I can’t stop thinking about it. Imagining scenarios in my head like what if precum slipped out and entered me (I know it’s super rare to get pregnant from precum but it’s still haunting me), as well as other dumb stuff.

please tell me I have nothing to worry about? I’m supposed to get my period next week. I also am picking up birth control pills tomorrow to use after I get my period (assuming I’ll get it).

2. lapush

lapush Members

I wouldn't worry if I was you.

3. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

From Planned Parenthood: "If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they're 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. But people aren't perfect, so in real life condoms are about 85% effective — that means about 15 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will get pregnant each year." This statement from PP is based on research done by experts on condom use and are based on the man ejaculating into the condom inside the females vagina. You stated that your BF finished a foot away as if to mean he didn't ejaculate inside your vagina. That made the odds even better you are not pregnant.

Ah, but what if what if precum slipped out? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the chance of conceiving from pre-ejaculate fluid is close to 22 percent. But wait! That's if you're using the withdrawal method which means his bare penis was inside and a condom was not used. Again, you used a condom and the chance of leaking out around the end is so rare it isn't even considered. I am certain you aren't pregnant from your first time having sex even from the precum or pre-ejaculate fluid.

Now if you worry and fret over this you may miss your period due to the stress brought on by the worry. So stop it and look back on the moment your boyfriend entered your vagina for the first time. I remember my first time like it was yesterday and it was well over 40 years ago. I have had thousands of wonderful sexual encounters since. It only happens once in your life and should be celebrated as you launch into a fulfilling sex life. Not fraught with worry. Please don't do this to yourself. You aren't pregnant nor a virgin anymore.

4. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

What you fear.....

You attract.....

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It’s not too late to take the abortion pill RU 486 (Mifepristone)

6. zorro69

zorro69 Members

New babe in here...Why worry abt pregnancy so early when it has not been confirmed yet ???...ok, i tell you...most likely not, unless u r so lucky, yr guy is a sharpshooter...for as long as the condom is put on before the penis is inserted into the vagina, it shdn't happen

7. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

My wife required that all of her college sex partners used condoms. Unfortunately, one night the condom either tore or slipped off. She was late with her next period and was afraid she was pregnant. It was a false alarm, but she started taking birth control pills for extra protection.

8. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

If he is even in the same room with you with your clothes off, make him put a condom on. Why tempt fate? Yeah, it doesn't feel nearly as good, but it feels way better than pregnancy. With my first girlfriend, I was scared to death of getting her pregnant so I always put a condom on - but once, once, SHE wanted to try without one on, and so, it was early for her, and of course I went along with it. She was late that month. Thankfully, a false alarm, but never ever again.

9. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

The first time I had sex with my spouse, before we married, it was bareback. I asked before entering and she said she would take care of it. A few days later she told me of her OBGYN appointment for BC pills. After a long and serious discussion we abstained from intercourse until after her cycle and she was on BC.

10. lapush

lapush Members

I like that little thing that fits in there that makes noises so the sperm goes back down. (IUD)
    I used to move it around.

11. Andy Schumer

Andy Schumer Members

Another way to have him wear a condom is to put it on yourself
    He might like being handled. Suck him and stroke him hard and it’s ready.
    The pill works good as well usually

12. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Fesy.gif

13. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

WELL DONE, Barry!!!