Chalres Manson

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by DrDooblittle, May 16, 2004.

1. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I cant believe people actually followed this guy!! He gave hippies such a bad name, not to mention he brainwashed people and made them kill people. How does everyone feel about his philosophies?

2. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

With the right words, charisma, and a convincing attitude and attacking a vulnerable emotionally damaged person, you can convince anyone you're god. That's what he did. He was a con man, a spin doctor, a strategist who convinced sad outcasts to follow him and murder and got out of it famous and pretty blemish free.

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

after watching helter skelter

his ideas were not half bad... its just what he did with them that was so bad.

for example, death is merely an illusion, come to the now, no sense makes sense.

4. cherokeehippie

cherokeehippie Member

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!! Charles Manson was no hippie! He was a very evil, violent, racist redneck who enticed hippies to do evil! He's demon possessed--yeah, I definitely believe that--He did what satan did, take a truth and twisted it into a lie! I noticed that in the movie! He's evidence that satan really does exist!

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i never said he was a hippie.

and i dont think he is proof that satan exists.

i just think he was relatively smart, not a good man, but a smart one.

if he wasnt smart, theres no way he would have pulled all that shit off.

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

It's weird to think that anyone follows anything... There are so many cults in the world, and so many people follow them. Psychology is a trippy thing, it's hard to say who does what and why....

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

actually, after reading prometheus rising by robert anton wilson, i realized brain washing people isnt a very hard thing to do.

8. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

Yeah a "normal" tunnel-reality is no different to the brain than a "twisted" one.

9. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

Actually, he just took his twisted philosophy to its logical conclusion. Pantheism, like atheism, leads to nihilism.

He was (is) a psychotic imbecile and a megalomaniac. If he were "smart," he wouldn't have selected mercenaries who bragged about their butchery and left bloody paw prints at the scene of the carnage.

10. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i take it you have read that book too?

he had to have had some kind of wit to pull that off!

11. xhipchick4ux

xhipchick4ux Member

i agree with you there. some ideas were good.

12. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Very few followed Manson. The family was only about half a dozen regulars and a few more who came and went occasionally. There were other young people in the area that one could call sympathizers, but they weren't directly involved with him.

Jim Jones got his followers to drink cyanide in Jonestown back in the late 70s. Around 800 died in that incident. Congressman Leo Ryan was also shot and killed. I'm sure there are many other events like Manson and Jonestown around the world but even worse.

13. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

i agree with fractual. and also, it just kinda bothers me that genius is always mistaken for insanity, and vice versa. many people saw this guy as the devil incarnate. and maybe he was, its just that i dont think people should be so quick to judge someone that they dont understand.

14. loverofthewoods

loverofthewoods Member

^^genious and insane seem to be synonims (sp?) these days

honestly the mind is quite an easy thing to control if you are educated in psychology (just look around you, almost every mind is under some kind of control and cant see it) human emotions make it quite easy to predict and ultimately instigate reactions ...but im sure all teh acid he fed his family sure helped him get in their heads.

i lived this game of psychology for a year of my life in a treatment center where heavy indoctrination took place... my eyes are now opened to recognize all the tricks

15. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

open eyes are good...

16. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

i live near the prison he's in. which is awesome. i get all the weird vibes when i pass it. i wish i could meet him. he's so interesting. (not that i believe in him or anything, i find obscure beliefs/ways fascinating)