Cellulite

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by greeneyedbaby, Dec 29, 2004.

1. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

Why has nobody not yet found a cure for cellulite when it is sure to make whomever invents it a billionaire?
    In the meantime, does anyone have any tips on what can just hide them even just the tiniest little bit?
    And please, don't give me a list of products that are "supposed" to work, only give me stuff that you know works out of personal experience..:)

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

um, be happy with your body and who you are the way you are? Excercise more? (it's always good for your body)

3. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

Yeah, I excersise, and I'm more or less okay with my body,
    but I AM NOT OKAY WITH CELLULITE!
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
    If I was violent, I would hit something right now. Yeah.

4. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

drink more water....

5. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

6. Crayola

Crayola =)

lol u dont wanna kno

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

There hasnt been a cure for cellulite because it is something only women would wish to find a cure for, and women are too lazy and busy washing dishes to come up with cures for anything.

8. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

i know, it sucks.

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

it's all genetics. I have the same amount no matter how I take care of myself, every woman in my family has the same amount in the exact same places and we all got in in our late teen years-strange.

10. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

that's what i was afraid of.

11. lynsey

lynsey Banned

yeah you can get it cleared up through liposuction but sometimes it comes back, you could also get fat injected into the area to even it out-but that doesn't work as well-I've heard...

12. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

Cellulite:

"A fatty deposit causing a dimpled or uneven appearance, as around the thighs and buttocks."

"fat in the human body, especially in the upper legs, which makes the surface of the skin appear lumpy"

"What is cellulite?

Cellulite is a normal human variation that is viewed by a segment of the public (with the help of the media, some physicians, and salesmen of various sorts) as some sort of a disease. The term "cellulite" was coined in 1973 to refer to the dimpled appearance of the skin that some people have on their hips, thighs, and buttocks. This appearance is much more common in women than in men because of differences in the way fat, muscle, and connective tissue are distributed in men and women's skin. Although female hormones may play a role in contributing to this fat distribution, cellulite is not treatable by hormone therapy.

In other words, the dimpled appearance of cellulite is one way many perfectly normal human beings look. Just as some people have thick hair while others have thin hair and some have large noses and others small, some women have the smooth buttocks and thighs that everyone seems to want while others have less satisfactory, dimpled ones. These are all normal variations."

It's just fat, it's perfectly normal. Yeesh. I'd rather worry about cardiovascular health, keeping your bones strong, your vitamins and minerals up, having a healthy diet, a healthy mind and body image, becoming a strong independent women... basically anything except bloody cellulite. The only people who are gonna get close enough to worry about it are people I'm sexually involved with, and they'd better not make any comment about it if they still want to get any!

13. Mui

Mui Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is cellulite

14. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

liposuction doesn't get rid of cellutlite, quite the contrary, many times the cellulite get worse after lipo.

15. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

Looks like my ass

16. WynterFrost

shit iam getting liposution damn .....i need it

17. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

liposuction does not cure cellulite!
    Ask any licensed plastic surgeon!

18. WynterFrost

hey ....ummmm nothing will

19. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

I'm afraid I'm far too aware of that.
    However, there are certain things one can do to make it less visible.

20. WynterFrost

not 2 be rude but are you by any chance pms's?