celebrities

Discussion in 'People' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 14, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I'm not going to go on a long philosophical theoretical tangent about why we admire/care about them, but I am going to ask "why do we like to see them candid?"... is it because they're always so perfect?
    I myself find secret celeb info or trivia interesting.
    Anyone got any?
    lol if you also like it, watch this video (I click the X for the macromedia thing and it plays fine)
    http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/165443
    lol it's funny

2. cortneycoxsucker

cortneycoxsucker Member

i just want to see m jackson get what he deserves:mad:

3. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

We like to see them candid because we want to see them as normal. Perfection on the billboard or movie-screen drives deep into our minds the notion of perfection as dictated by the media and contemporary culture. Intrinsically, we know this is bullshit. And so, seeing a 'celebrity' suffer the same life-experiences as any other normal human being tickles our gullets. Cheers:
    [​IMG]

Aww... poor Billy : )

4. Kabbalist

Kabbalist Member

At least there's one celebrity who is smart, Madonna! She's defintely (strange word, is this right?) my example, and the example of thousands around the world!

5. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

Madonna is defintaly the worst person. She copies off everyone! Marilyn Monroe, Debbie Harry, other actress from the 40's 50's. And michael jackson is not a bad person. I just think that he made a mistake by letting kids on his house and then people set him up. I love michael!

6. tom

tom Member

No, he made a mistake by letting kids in his pants.

7. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Did you see the interview they played on VH1 with Michael? Even if he didn't molest little kids, I certainly wouldn't let my kid go sleep over his house. He doesn't see anything wrong with a grown man sleeping in the same bed with a bunch of little kids that aren't his children. He's definately a wierdo.

8. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

yeah where the fuck are the parents of these kids?
    and I think madonna is the greatest female to hit music in a long time. of course there are other incredible talents, debbie harry, stevie nicks, etc, but madonna just kicks ass on everything. and everyone copies everything else, after 2004 years of existentce, not much is original anymore.
    but for example if debbie H does something then madonna copies and makes it a huge success it just means madonna is good enough to do what debbie H couldn't. it's not fair but it's real.

9. Kabbalist

Kabbalist Member

I totally agree! I hope I will be a copy of Madonna, but that ideal is very far away for the moment...