Celebration of Life

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by redflip, Jun 14, 2004.

1. rickvanwink

rickvanwink Guest

I would love to see any videos or pictures from the festival. Man if you have some please share them with us. Thanks

2. scramozza

scramozza Guest

I recently came across two rolls of Super 8mm film that I shot at the Celebration of Life Festival, in McCrea, Louisiana, in June of of 1971. The quality is surprisingly still good, considering that it was shot 41 years ago. I will have to get the film digitized, so that I can download it to YouTube. I noticed that there was one video of the Festival posted on YouTube, with more than 100 comments. I was taken aback by the continued interest in this music festival and the human interest stories that it generated. I was 28 years old and married when I attended the event and it certainly left an indelible mark in my memory. Since it was filmed with a Super 8 camera, there is no sound, but the visual aspect of the video is still riveting. After I post the videos, I will be able to comment on most of the scenes that I shot.

3. Buckinchute

Buckinchute Guest

It was the "Love of Life Festival. I was there for 4 days. Quite a party.

4. Buckinchute

Buckinchute Guest

It was the "Love of Life festival and i was there for 4 days.

5. Buckinchute

Buckinchute Guest

It's a Beautiful Day, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, War, Ted Nugent (man, he played at about 3 in the mornin and woke up the entire area) the eagles,Country Joe,Foghat,Quicksilver messenger service,Santana,Doobie Brothers,Grand Funk RR and countless others.It all seems like a dream now. Remember how they named all the roads (cocaine rd., Hashish Alley, LSD Ave.?? All the cars heading to and from the stage had freaks hanging on and riding anything that passed by, including the cop cars(They kept their windows rolled up) LOTS OF FUN

6. Buckinchute

Buckinchute Guest

I was in a group of 6 and we didn't have tickets so we had a stranger with a ticket drive our vehicle in and we were sneaking in crossing a bayou and a biker with an axe handle on the other side shook his finger at us and said"NO,NO". I showed him my watch and he let us all cross. They were beating people at the gate if you didn't have a ticket.

7. Buckinchute

Buckinchute Guest

Yeah, Ted Nugent came on at about 3 am and yelled "You hear this note? Do you hear this note? And then he hit a note on his guitar that woke everyone at least 3 miles away and said "This note is going to blow your F&$#ing mind" GREAT time

8. Buckinchute

Buckinchute Guest

Yeah, Ted Nugent came on at about 3 -4 am and said "Do you hear this note?" and he hit a LOUD high note on his guitar and said again "Do you hear this note?" and he hit it again. Then he said "This note is going to blow your f*&^ing mind" He then started jammin and woke up people a mile away

9. Buckinchute

Buckinchute Guest

Loved the "Mud People"

10. Isadoran

Isadoran Member

When I was a kid living in Vermont my mom took me to a wedding at Earth Peoples Park. I did not know it still exists.

11. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

www.youtube.com/watch?v=apzNkhqkF8U"]ALVIN LEE & TEN YEARS AFTER - Bluest Blues - YouTube

12. stefog

stefog Guest

Long time ago. Sites recently seen mention a lot of unhappiness. Man, I was happy to get outta Houma (La) for a couple days and party, hang and enjoy music and thousands of naked people in the river during the day. What an eye opener. Oh and the crispiness of a night with a hundred thousand people on LSD. (felt like that many!! ;)

Oh the authorities ran scared against each of these gatherings, huh? Good reason. We were gonna change the world. I used to think we did, until we re-elected the 43rd president.

Favorite memory was waking up in the tent community and having a local very black skinned older man come into our tent singing blues.

It was for my eyes a weekend experience of peace and love.

13. ilasler

ilasler Members

I was there all 5 days .was going to work on stage but night before in New Orleans I was tripping on 3 hits of Burkly barrell couldn't make it for the bus that left. I was in heaven man The best time any one could have for 5 DAYS man Delany & bonnie was the best .Stephen stills was very good .Malanie was there singing and tripping of course who can't forget Chuck Barry and to end it all monday morning the sun was comming up and It's A Beautiful Day was playing WOW what a CLIMAX