cd burn software (music)

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by SpacemanSpiff, Oct 8, 2013.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

best free cd burning software opinions?

i need one that will regulate or average the volume on all tracks ...the way im currently doing it leaves them all uneven volume

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

i think that itunes does that.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i should have specified i wont touch itunes software

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

yeah, i don't blame you.

5. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ive been using the regular windows media player but the setting for equalizing volume over all tracks sucks...i hate that when i set the volume right where i want it then the next song i cant hear then the next one is blasting ///

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

People still use audio disks????

8. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Take your chances with free burning software,(trojans, viruses), or just plop down the 30 bucks or so on something reputable like Norton or whatever and forget it.

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Norton? LOL...
    I don't have any concerns testing free software, my OS partition is a frozen image.

When installing any apps always choose custom, uncheck or decline options for toolbars and other crap... every god damn thing wants to install a toolbar these days.

I just did a google search for "free batch mp3 normalizer" and found a program called MP3 Gain. Tried it out, works great. You can select a whole folder of MP3's to normalize. Works fast too, just hit "Track analysis" and then "track gain".

For burning, ImgBurn is probably the best free burner app you can get.

10. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Whats funny about norton? mp3's LOL Why the hell would anyone buy a cd the rip it to mp3? Oh yeah storage...apparently no one gives a fuck about quality sound anymore.
    And eveyone thinks they deserve free software. tin ear deadbeats I say

11. Eon

Eon Member

MediaMonkey has track volume levelling and disc burning so could do what you need.

Free version works fine.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Funny thing is your computer's likely to perform better running a few malware tasks than with Norton.

Any MP3 coded over 192kbps average or CD quality VBR is virtually indistinguishable from CD audio. Beyond bitrate it is ultimately the quality of the DAC hardware to produce the best quality sound from either CD or MP3 players, PCs or whatever device you're plugged into.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it might be because Norton (Symantec actually) doesn't produce CD/DVD burning software.

One benefit is being able to squeeze more music on a standard cd.
    One time I put both Quadrophenia and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and a few other songs on one cd. :2thumbsup:
    So that was over four albums worth of music on one cd at 256kb.

If you want to convert to digital but not lose any fidelity get something that will rip the CD's in FLAC format. The file sizes are big, but the sound quality is top-notch.:2thumbsup:

and free-ware isn't for deadbeats, it's a way for small developers to get their software out there. Many software companies got their start by offering "free-ware", Microsoft being one of them.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thanks..ill try that later

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

fuck norton

that shit is garbage

16. Eon

Eon Member

Norton is costly.

AVG is OK.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i had norton once ..nothing but trouble....i told them to shove it up their ass before my time was even up on it

avg free ever since and never had a problem i couldnt fix

why are we talking about antivirus?

this thread is about burning software...which btw i finally remember i used to use a free version of nero and it worked great

18. ClintonsSon

ClintonsSon Yeah......it's Me!!

That was what I thought! Damn....I dont even do Mp3's any more! Mostly I stream shit on Spotify nowadays!:2thumbsup:

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i burn them as mp3 on disk to play in my car cd ...ive never owned those fancy nancy ipods iphones

20. ClintonsSon

ClintonsSon Yeah......it's Me!!

I have a bunch of burned CD's that I play sometimes in the car, but most people are going the streaming route these days. New cars are even equipped with ports to plug iphones and tablets into them in the car. We have a Nissan Versa that has that and it is cool! No moving parts, and nothing to scratch etc. What about Roxio? That used to be pretty good. I always used Windows Media Player myself....or like someone said before Itunes.