[cc] If you want constructive critique please say so!

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by veinglory, May 11, 2004.

1. veinglory

veinglory Member

I tend to assume folk do, but apparently not. So maybe poets interested in hearing positive and (constructively phrased) negative feedback could put a little sign like [cc] in their subject line? the I will know you don't mind of I critique and comment...

Em.

2. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Can't add "[cc]" to a post I've already made, but if you have comments/criticism, feel free to post it.

As an artist, I am used to recieving criticism. Conversely, I am used to ignoring critics who's words give me nothing to work with. That is, I can separate the wheat from the chaff and I wouldn't post if I was worried about the criticism I might recieve. Honest responses, regardless of their nature, are my bread and butter - and if it is occasionally rancid, I know enough at first taste to throw the rest away.

I'd rather know that someone is reading my work and thinking about it than send it out into a void. What good is art without an audience?

3. Pablo

Pablo Member

i think ill do that from now on (constructive criticism welcome) cause i only get one word complement replys, and i figure thats probably because no one wants to tell me anyrthing bad, weather they like it or not id like more than one or two words. Like "it sucked" or "i love it" id rater have something like "this didnt really reach me because..." or "i could really feel the sence of...because"

i got some good criticism just a while ago, someone pointed out that i had a lot of spelling errors in "don't call me ash." and that it was distracting.

4. Pablo

Pablo Member

oh, hehe, i see that was you who told me that veinglory, thanks, btw

5. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

i like seeing initial responses, personal thoughts... whatever really. Tell me what's on yer mind...
    i would take the review "it sucks" as a glimpse of the reviewer, a person too unintelligent to give any credible criticism. so, if you're not a dummy, say whatever...
    (probably why i say so little)

6. saffronfrancisburnet

saffronfrancisburnet Member

of cause we need this constructive critique............

if anything we all could do with alittle input from others
    i myself find it easy to view the replys i recieve
    and then reread my poems to see how it reached
    others

as i do for others when i reply ....to their poems

love n peace from saff
    the world would be full of beings so alone
    if we didnt answer someones call in a poem...........
    good or bad......

7. veinglory

veinglory Member

If you don't want to put in the tag just leave me note here and I will give you the dubious benefits of my opinion...