CBD

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Overpriced snake oil or the real deal?

I must say that for the longest time I was skeptical, but I decided to start using it recently and notice a definite effect shortly after ingestion. An effect almost as pronounced as THC, yet different and much more mild, but nonetheless you definitely feel something. It's kind of this relaxed feeling and sense of well-being I get, and if I take it just before bed I sleep incredibly well other than for some really bizarre dreams. No kidding, I have been having some really fucked up dreams when I take the stuff. Not nightmares, just really weird ass dreams.

Do any of you have experience taking CBD, and what is your opinion of it?

2. Syd_UK_70

Syd_UK_70 Members

Yes. It works for me at least with anxiety. CBD does not contain THC so it won't make you high. I use full spectrum 600 mg CBD in gummy bear form.
    Granted it was kind of expensive for 30 @ 20 mg each. Suggested dosage is one gummy 3x a day. IMG_20190919_145146.jpg

Pressed_Rat likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I got some CBD buds the other day... Seems legit.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I agree it does not get you "high" the way weed does, but there is a definite feeling it produces for sure. Just really relaxed, free of anxiety type of feeling. An overall GOOD feeling while being completely clear-headed. I personally love the stuff but do not buy it often as it is expensive.... especially the good stuff.

If you have issues with depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, etc., I would definitely give it a try. If you are taking prescription meds, of course you're going to want to check with your doctor first.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've tried it one time and I'm not willing to say that I could discern the effects from placebo.

I'll probably give it another go at some point, there are enough people here to vouch for it's efficacy but it's not really on my radar at the moment.

6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Some say it is a universal cure for everything!

The truth is just what PressedRat says, it's a nice mildly calming drug. It also has great anti-inflammatory effects.

I used it a few times, great for sleeping as noted, but also works for pain.

The miracle of cannabis... many applications and uses from one plant.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I have zero experience of it but I did read a good article the other day. It basically said "no conclusive evidence either way yet". Apparently the doses used in studies are much higher than what a lot of people are consuming, so the positive indications from these don't necessarily mean much, but also there's no evidence yet to say lower doses don't do anything either.

Even if it's just a really good placebo I say fine. If it's making people's lives better, fine. The power of our minds is where it's at anyway.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I know people who are certain it benefits them who i know aren't naive or bullshitters. So I think it has its uses. Never used it myself.
    There might be differences in CBD products. You know, if one can market something cheaper as the same thing etc. But quality CBD seems to have its uses :)

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I saw the stuff in 7-11 the other day, which is the most generic convenience store in the US, so that's certainly the case.

I know people who say they didn't get High the first time they tried Pot, so I'm not going to write CBD off yet. I realize this stuff doesn't elicit a "high" in the way pot does but nonetheless, the same idea might be applicable.

It just so happens there are a few other products out there now which promise the same benefits as CBD and are a bit more psychoactive.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think most people who take CBD don't want the psychoactive parts.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

CBD isolates are the way to go .. ya can get pretty much any terp infused CBD dab out they're similar to the THC strain flavor profile.. Some people more sensitive to CBD. Depends on dose. I cant do some 15mg candy. that wont do anything. 200mg CBD candy will .. I dose high with CBD or I get nothing at all. The buds are ok, they burn better than some the medical buds at the dispensary..
    I suggest yinz stay away from gas station gummies tho..

Pressed_Rat likes this.
  12. Syd_UK_70

Syd_UK_70 Members

I order mine from a chemist and/ or a dispensary type shop. You won't get high but I have on occasion felt a very mild buzz.
    My first package was 500 mg total. 10 mg for one gummy. My second was a different brand. The one I use currently is 600 mg total.
    20 mg each. Suggested dosage is 3x daily,

13. lode

lode Banned

Diet weed.

Orison likes this.