causeImBored Reasons why the North is better

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by LuckyStripe, Jun 16, 2006.

1. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

1) Less hicks
    2)Better food- not only fried chicken and mashed potatoes but cheese steaks, lobster, clam bakes, and more
    3)We didnt vote for Bush the first time
    4) We didn't vote for Bush the second time
    5) We have never lynched black people... at least not the the extent the south did/does
    6) Country music sucks and there are many more types of music here
    7) We don't have accents that make us sound like rednecks
    8) Summers are humid as fuck
    9) Less tornadoes
    10) Way less hurricanes
    11) We don't have the rebel flag
    12) We don't have phoney southern pride
    13) We are not a republican state
    14) We have lots of culture- think Philly, NY, New England and more
    15) Our biggest pride isn't our baptist churches
    16) Most of us know how to read ;)
    17) We dont get all excited about ocra
    18) We have more to do
    19) Better music scene
    20) There is not as much ignorance, instead more progressive understanding

and that's it ;) :D

2. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

That's it? *g*

Come on down n visit.
    We can review lists if things get boring...

3. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

1) Less hicks Hicks are just southern dumbasses and dumbasses are in every state
    2)Better food- not only fried chicken and mashed potatoes but cheese steaks, lobster, clam bakes, and more HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! We don't only eat fried chicken and mashed potatoes
    3)We didnt vote for Bush the first time Not all of the people from the south did either
    4) We didn't vote for Bush the second time See previous comment
    5) We have never lynched black people... at least not the the extent the south did/does Well at least you corrected yourself - and I have yet to see a lynching. Fuck most people around here are afraid to be anything but politically correct.
    6) Country music sucks and there are many more types of music here There are many more types here too. What part of the south have you been to?
    7) We don't have accents that make us sound like rednecks No you just have accents that are nasal and fucking annoying
    8) Summers are humid as fuck If you can't stand the heat then move to Antartica
    9) Less tornadoes Nature is nature sure it may be scary - but if you have a storm pit and good insurance then so what.
    10) Way less hurricanes I like hurricanes that's the only time we get rain during July and August
    11) We don't have the rebel flag I have met quite a few people from up north that sport the rebel flag - and besides it just a flag.
    12) We don't have phoney southern pride If you had southern pride and you are from up north I would worry for you. And why do people see southern pride as a racial thing?
    13) We are not a republican state So according to you all people in the south are republicans?
    14) We have lots of culture- think Philly, NY, New England and more HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    15) Our biggest pride isn't our baptist churches Ummm again what part of the south did you visit?
    16) Most of us know how to read ;) That pisses me off! So can we you stereotypical dumbfuck!
    17) We dont get all excited about ocra I only like it if it's fried and it doesn't excite me
    18) We have more to do Like what?
    19) Better music scene Most music of today sucks ass! I love New Orlean's music scene.
    20) There is not as much ignorance, instead more progressive understanding

and that's it ;) :D You really are an idiot if you believe that. Ignorance is every where.

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

you know, there's quite a bit of quality coastal food to be found in the south. i guess one fo the nice things about the south is that most people north of the mason dixon still think it's all backwoods swampland covered up with only uneducated white people. sorta keeps the nicer areas nice. for all their northern culture and supposedly being open to other cultures and regions, the north really likes to hold a grudge about that whole civil war thing. you guys need to get out more. i liked the south. it was nice. and the food, really. they can cook ANYTHING and make it taste good.

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

at any rate, i think i'll buy a beach house in alabama. god, that's some gorgeous shit out there.

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Well the West Coast is better than both! Ha!

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Really though, you seem to know nothing at all about the south and what it is like. I haven't even been there that much but I could tell that it has more to offer than what you seem to think that it does.

8. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Number 20 was a lie of epic proportions the rest are just ignorant lol. ;)

9. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

go further north to hit the place that's better than 'em all :D ;)

10. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Hahahaha. You didn't read the post about "reasons the south is better then the north", did you? Obviously not or you would have known where I got things from like the "chicken and mashed potatoes" and basically, well, this whole thread. Duh.

11. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Haha, I've been there and this thread was a joke because someone made a thread about why the south is better then the north. I was just trying to have some fun by turning around the stuff the original poster said. :)

(Way to take things seriously around here)

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

13. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i like alot of what both have to offer actually...

14. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Welcome to The Hip Forums
    conveniently located in a nearby parallel Universe.

Where else would topics be addressed backasswards -
    serious as trivial / trivial as serious?

15. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Haha, I just thought it was funny. I go and turn around another thread. number one was about chicken and potatoes and tree hugger comes along "why would you say chicken and potates? and blah blah blah blah"

Yeah.... i wonder why. ;)

Oh well, can't expect every person to read every thread to know those things I suppose... :)

16. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I get it now that I see that that thread was previous to this one. I, in my confusion though that it was the other way around.

17. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Thanks. Sorry if I seemed bitchy. I have pms.

I was just trying to make a joke. :)

18. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Ahum. Once again, this thread was a joke. Click on the link included. However, to say that black people were never lynched in the south in the near past is idiotic. :)

Also, let's see... the SOUTHS summer's are too humid, not the north. :D

I'm not gonna debate a thread that was meant as a joke with you. Click on the thread about the north- I made this thread as a parody. Can't you read?

19. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

hell yeah...
    gotta love the north pole :rolleyes:

:p
    every place has pros and cons ...everywhere
    there really isn't a 'perfect' place, just perfect enough for you as a person
    and everyones perfect is different
    but...seeing as it is all a joke, it doesn't really matter now does it...

20. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Trolls will move on if not fed...