Caught off guard when you're sick ?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Duncan, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The title probably sounds like something that should/might be better place under HEALTH, but I am intentionally placing it here. Followers of a veggie-centric path tend to note that they usually have fewer health complaints. While I work in healthcare and do ask questions about pains (IN THE MOMENT) and overall health practices, I tend to shy away from verbalizing the positive aspects of improved health that might be observed after the meat products have been reduced or ridden from the daily intake.
    This weekend (a 3-day weekend) I found myself with stomach/intestinal distress. This, of course, causes emotional distress since I am fairly meticulous about accounting for everything that I eat. Not knowing the cause of the ailment can be a battle in and of itself, and I am not one to run to an emergency room or doctor's office for some temporary discomfort.
    So, I've taken to vegetable broth, weak tea (sorry, I only use black in this house... not even chamomile), and a slice of dry toast. I've been gargling with salt water. And I've taken to bed. Sometimes just snoozing without obsessing about the time can be very therapeutic.
    I'm resting my throat/voice. Sadly, my vocal absence isn't universally noted. I write that half-heartedly as I know those who love me truly love me... they just don't have to hear my voice to know that I am in their thoughts.
    Well, time to head back to the mattress!

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Nothing like feeling down and out... bed rest is a good thing to do in these situations.

I have not eaten red meat is a decade, and feel much better for it. When I go off my diet bad things happen.

Traveling is what gets to me. Having to eat in restaurants is difficult, with a heavy emphasis on meats in every dish it seems.

At home I enjoy a healthy diet, I just have to shop, cook and clean it all myself if I want to eat well.

I hope you feel better soon!