caught again, need advice

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by john_the_pothead, May 29, 2004.

1. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

First of all, let me express my hatred for all of those goddamn anti drug bastards
    my dad recieved an anynomous letter in the mail friday saying

"Mr. <my last name here>
    john used to be my friend. i am concerned about him." and had a little drug pamphlet in there if you could even call it that, it was like computer paper cut with facts on how to tell if your kid's smoking

anyway, he searched my room, i dont hide anything really because my dad used to trust me too much to search my room... sure enough he found my lighters, rolling papers, and stash... we talked, thats what got me, he didnt get pissed off, he explained his reasoning on why i shouldn't smoke, its illegal, my schoolwork is sucking ass, he asked me if ive driven or rode with someone who's high, and i told him i had, because with him, honesty really is the best policy

he told me how he used to get high and he knew it was fun but i had to think of the legal implications and my responsibilities...he said how my smoking hurted him and effected other people, obviously, from the letter...he told me i should take a long break, but it had to be my decision...he didnt want me to quit just because i was afraid of him or whatever, but if i continue he will have zero trust in me

the thing is i cant decide to take a break, marijuana is part of who i am, it changes my perspective on things, calms me down, and makes me function better...plus i kinda like being the guy to come to if my friends need some dope...marijuana is who i am, i really have no desire to quit except for my dad's sake, but our relationship is falling apart, and i wanna know how i should approach this...should i tell him ill cut back a little, only smoke like once a month during the school year...there's no way im not smoking over the summer, this is my summer, i had plans to get blazed every day...or should i tell him im quitting, but if he finds more stuff, all trust will be lost...or should i just tell him im gonna keep doing it, but i wont drive...

i dunno what im looking for posting this on here...i know half of you will see how long this and say "theres no f'ing way im reading that" but i think its more me just needing to share this with some people and hopefully get some sympathy at least

thanks

2. WeedChica

WeedChica Member

just tell him ur gonna cut down , even if u dont............

3. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

lol i said something wrong today...he says "well did you think about it" and im like "yeah i think im definitely gonna take a break for a couple weeks"...he wasn't happy about that...so im kinda wondering if he really wants me to make my own decision...im not gonna stop smoking, you think i should just tell him im cutting back?
    when i said a couple weeks hes like "how serious is this" he was about to get me some counseling, so i want to avoid that if at all possible

4. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Prove those people wrong and quit smoking for 10 days- and then tell them they're full of shit if you still think they are.

If you can't quit for 10 days- you just might have lost your perspective.

I get hospitalized several times a years for a few days and I don't toke then. I use weed- it doesn't use me.

It's all about self control. Some people do fuck-up from getting high to much. How much is too much for you?

5. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

yeah, i know i can quit for ten days, thats not the problem...i dont WANT to quit, but i want to be honest with my dad...i think i should just tell him im gonna use it in moderation

i think i do use it a little too much during the school year and dont do any homework, but thats not all pot's fault...

6. Krayzie Hustle

Krayzie Hustle Member

Dont Fold!!!!! Be who you are

7. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

If you quit for the 10 days you can look your father in the eye and tell him you've decided weed is a positive thing in your life- or not.

Show him the respect for his position that you want him to show for yours. If you want him to treat you like a man and honor your descions you must show him that those descions are thoughtful and considered descions.

It's not that big a deal.

Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

Remember, he's only doing what he thinks is best for you.

8. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

yeah thanks, you're right, i do have to remember all those things...i think the best thing i can do is take a break, starting...after lunch on tuesday (already have plans) and then tell him how i feel afterwards, much like i did for you guys...

im gonna tell him that i enjoy it, it gives me a new perspective on things, and its part of my personality...im gonna show him i considered his points and i will come up with changes based on his advice (not driving, taking care of responsibilites, being really careful of the pigs) to prove that i considered his adivce...

thanks alot, anyone else is welcome to post, i just need to take notes for later so i remember everything

9. TrenchTownRock

TrenchTownRock Member

Dude, I'm not trying to be insulting here in any way, shape, or form. But you said that marijuana is a part of you and helps you to function normally. If your schoolwork is below average (or below your parent's expectations) and it's destroying your relationship with your dad, that's not "functioning normally." Think of it this way man...marijuana is a plant, a very fine plant at that. It is fun. BUT...you must still keep your most valuable aspects of your life in focus. I'm not trying to counsel you, just merely showing you my viewpoint. I smoke a ton and I'm sure you do too. I'm not telling you to stop either. But losing the trust in your parents is a horrible thing. Remember man...use don't abuse...and you'll be A-OK!:)