cats with thumbs!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by hummblebee, Jun 29, 2006.

1. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

My polydactyl cat, while being a total photo whore, is usually much more self-concious about her thumbs. It's rare that we ever get such good pics of them. (The vet said she actually qualifies as fully opposable - she has the muscle control to cross it over her palm and everything - when she plays with her toys, she like to juggle!) Anyhoo, she saw that we were taking pics of shorts for the website, and had to get in on the action. I couldn't resist posting a couple!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, for the record, my dog's are photo whores too!
    [​IMG]

2. fritz

fritz Heathen

Oh wow! I sincerely hope that's evolution in action, cats rock! They are so independent!
    You know, they are the only animal that technically chose to live with humans. Granted, it was a work relationship, but still...
    Of course, the dog is adorable too! Looks friendly. :D
    Guess I have high hopes for our furry friends..Maybe I'm just being anthropomorphic.

3. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Thats too cool, I do anything for one of my cats to be like that.

4. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

She really is magik too. When she showed up, we were living in a total cat neighborhood. Everyone had cats, and everyone knew everyone's cats. One morning we woke up and went out to get the paper, and she was just sitting in the driveway waiting for us! She was a baby then, and we went all over looking for her people, but nobody'd even seen her before! She just appeared out of nowhere and told us she was living with us. We even went OTR for a long time last year, and she came with us - always stuck close, always hung out. Even at a show or festy, she just wants to kick back in the shade of the e-z-up and bask in the attention everyone gives her.

She's soft too - I tell people she's a mutant chinchilla! :p

5. CoRriNieRiNniE

CoRriNieRiNniE Member

ewww... scaryy!

6. Suncatch22

Suncatch22 Member

I had a polydactyl cat once who was ALSO an extremely soft, attention-whoreish tabby female! In fact, except for the facial differences, "Thumbs" looked and sounded exactly like your kitty.

Maybe it is a thing with tabby females ... ? I have heard of many thumbed cats, but a large number of them seem to be tabby females.

(Speaking of mutations, I also have a white female who has only a nub for a tail. She looks like a short-eared rabbit. Her litter of three kittens included: a white female with a tail, a grey and white male with a stub, and another white female with no tail whatsoever!)

Cats are astonishing. I have seven, and they are all so unique. I believe that they will not take over the Earth -- they already have.

7. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

What is so gross and frightening about a kitty? even if it has thumbs...[​IMG]

8. CoRriNieRiNniE

CoRriNieRiNniE Member

lol... ive just never seen a cat with thumbs...

9. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Yeah, a few people have told e the same thing. My personal theory is that she's an alien sent here to study us. Maybe they sent a bunch of them all at once, to study humans from the vantage of different families lol! :) Another thing I forgot to mention before, though, is how freaking spoiled she is by our other cat! Mhyrr, our little calico, got pregnant and miscarried her babes a few months before Nermal showed up. She was so depressed after that, it worried me, and I was wondering if she'd ever go back to "normal". Then, all of a sudden the little mutant invited herself into our family and Mhyrr snapped right out of it. She's about the same age as the litter would've been, so I think she became a sort of substitute. Whatever the reason, even now (a year and a half later) it's hard to ever find them separated. :D

10. CadenceKid

CadenceKid Member

my cat has three thumbs.

11. tishie_bear

tishie_bear Member

I'm sooo jealous I wish I had cat that had thumbs. Well I did have a cat w/ very freakishly big paws(can't explain), but it' not the same.

P.S. Your cat is a cutie.