Cats developing human-like behaviors?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by la Principessa, Aug 5, 2013.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

*Eric! knocks on door*
    Eric: Excuse me sir, do you own a cat?
    Dude: Why, yes as a matter of fact...
    *BAM!*

*Eric crosses off name on clipboard, knocks on next door*

2. Astray

Astray Visitor

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

and then one has cats,too...

"Cats do listen when you speak. They just choose not to obey most of the time. Each one is unique with their own personality. Most cats just respond when they want to do so. They just choose not to obey most of the time. Each one is unique with their own personality. Most cats just respond when they want to do so."

and most will not listen to commands..They hear me commanding the pugs around here,and they take off...lol

They say cats are smarter than dogs...like me..lol

I find that cats respond more to gentle words and love like the horses you mentioned in your last tips for commands with dogs...like me.

I love dogs but don't want to always be one here that gives the commands..so they get very tiring...

Astray likes this.
  4. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I have two cats, and one of them really sounds like he's trying to talk to us. Sounds a bit more elaborate than a meow. It's super adorable. :blush:

5. moondad

moondad Members

my cats do my taxes.

Eric!, MochaMood and Driftrue like this.
  6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Cats are severely under represented in government and frankly I find that disgusting.

Eric!, MochaMood, Driftrue and 3 others like this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

to be fair, a cat would end up nuking china because china petted it one time more than it wanted.

Eric!, MochaMood and Driftrue like this.
  8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

If you're gonna make an omelet...

9. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I did lol

McFuddy likes this.
  10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This happens quite a lot. Cats are territorial and their territory is their scent mixed with yours. Once this is taken away they are lost and will simply wander off looking for their home.
    Even when you move house with a cat, they need to be kept inside for a few weeks to adjust and mark their new territory.
    If this sounds strange, consider migrating birds that fly half way around the world in autumn and find their way back to your garden the following summer. It is a mystery that no one has ever fully worked out.

11. wilsjane

So true. LOL

12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I wish she would find me. And then of course I bonded with my girlfriend's cat who she had for 26 years...no I'm not kidding. And she died in March. I wish I could seem to get a cat and have it for a while.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

14. wilsjane

It is quite possible that the OPs cat wandered off, got hungry and ended up on someones doorstep and they took her in like you did. It happens quite a lot.
    Their is a true saying that you chose a dog, but a cat chooses you.

15. wilsjane

As I just posted in my reply (above), it is quite likely that she is settled in a new home. Domestic cats tend to know that it is us humans who provide food and shelter.
    26 is a grand old age for a cat, she was obviously well cared for.
    Check the shelters, but if that does not work, find a new cat to join you in your permanent new home. Unlike a dog, they are easy to care for and happy to be on their own while you are out at work. For the first few months, their is a danger of them wandering off, but after that everything should be fine.

16. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

My cat relieved herself where I sleep before I went to work.

17. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We live in area teaming with birds and other wildlife. The more I see of other creatures I think it’s the other way around. Cat and other creatures are on a continuum of behavioral development. Human behavior is a product of of that process.

18. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Piper used to break into the fridge quite frequently (even on one occassion when I rested a 15kg plate against the door.....still didn't stop him), came into the kitchen to find pork chops all over the place!!!!!!......the cheeky devil. RIP Piper:)