catchin' eyes in suburbia

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by celtgrrl, Sep 9, 2005.

1. celtgrrl

celtgrrl batty woman

well i guess i am just too hip for my neighborhood. not too many women run around in floor length gowns with morrocan embroidery on them here. the uniform is more along the lines of tight jeans from walmart. and big hair.
    i got this gown as a gift from a parent and i love it, it's so comfortable. but i walked down the street to pick up my daughter and i got a LOT of stares. pretty funny.

2. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well show us a pic mama!!!

3. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

ahahhah "I guess I am just too hip for my neighbourhood" AHahha.. :D Damn straight.

People around here are pretty layed back, and most of them have gotten used to me...:rolleyes:

I'd like to see a pic also.

4. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Catching eyes in suburbia: I imagine someone will finally say something when I add the dreads to my daily appearance. The barefeet does draw some eyes. The green bandana and the whole decked out in hemp thing does get me a few peace signs in the window though, particularly if you add the vintage 'nam jacket to the outfit.

5. celtgrrl

celtgrrl batty woman

hey jorma, you're my neighbor! where in baltimore do you live?

i don't have a pic at the moment, zoomie could take one later but it really isn't that exciting. it's floor length, yellow, a little sheer, and there's some embroiderie around the neck and the leg slits. i think it's kinda pretty but it isn't ostentacious or anything. it just REALLY sticks out in this neighborhood, it's totally white trash ville. the most disturbing part about that is that most of the men don't wear shirts for the better part of the year...i will refrain from describing this...

6. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Heard of Towson University?

7. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

wait... are you sure you aren't my neighbour? If you added that you have a family of Mullets living down the street, then I would know for sure!

8. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I'd love to see a pic of that too, Celtgirl...sounds beautiful!!

9. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

We're the only ones here WITHOUT mullets.

10. celtgrrl

celtgrrl batty woman

jorma--very cool

regan--hahaha the universal redneck sign