Caretaking: 10 Signs that death is near

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Dude111, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

2. Severina Serciova

Severina Serciova Members

Hope to see a better day for those whom we have lost, from ashes to ashes, maybe the afterlife is sweet?

Dude111 likes this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

well this is depressing...i have all 10 symptoms

Logan 5 and GLENGLEN like this.
  4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

My mom died two weeks after this thread was started. She was dying for a long time, but the signs that the end was speeding at us like a rocket were her stomach literally stopped accepting food, then she just slowly got colder every day. I saw her about 10 hours before she passed and her breathing was really shaky, almost panicked and hyperventilating. Really raspy but deep breaths. One eye was dilated and the other one wasn't. And she was just kind of staring, nothing left at all in there. She usually flinched or twitched a little when I touched her, she ALWAYS woke up when I hugged her, but she didn't react to my hug or my kiss. Then I got a call at 1:45 AM and she was gone.

Dude111 likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

sorry kinky

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry, too Ramona.

I was going to talk about my parents' passings, Daddy's in particular, but I it seems I can't right now. That's odd. Daddy died in 2000 and Moma died in 2007. It's not like they are too fresh to talk about.

It's probably because I'm not feeling well. Maybe another time I'll post.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My condolences, Kinky... My Father passed this year too. It's just mixed up feelings thinking about it. I can't say I know what you're going through, but Yeah, I kinda do.

Take care...

Dude111 likes this.
  8. Aerianne

Ty, I had no idea that you and Specs father had passed. You have my sympathy.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Thank you...

10. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I'm still waiting to fall apart, like it should happen, but it really hasn't. I had a hard time when I walked into the family room at the church where we had her funeral because it was all so real...and it was overwhelming. I'm still weirded out by the fact we had her cremated, feel a little guilty because I'm not sure those were her final wishes (she lost all ability to communicate past yes and no in June when she went on a hunger strike and killed what strength was left in her upper body and arms and hands). But we absolutely couldn't afford a burial. (a little less than $3,000 for the cremation, simple funeral, and meal afterwards, close to $10,000 for the basic burial package) I like talking about it just because I kind of feel like I'm in the denial stage and talking about it makes it real. I dream about her a lot. But she's always sick in the dreams. She was always sick. I wish I had more memories of when she wasn't.

11. Aerianne

I've never had a problem talking about my parents' deaths.

I think I'm just extra tired today.

Kinky Ramona likes this.
  12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Oh my.. I am so sorry....... Another friend of mines father just passed a couple days ago,he was 80......... Its very sad........

Im sorry to you also Tyrsonswood...

Peace and love to you both [​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Dude111 likes this.
  14. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

So sorry for your loss. I went though this with my father a week ago. He was 92. My friend said, it doesn't matter how old they are, you still feel the pain.