Caravan Of Hondurans Headed To United States

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Oct 22, 2018.

1. That comparison shits all over the victims of the actual Trail of Tears. None of the people marching through Mexico was forced by the Americans to make the trip.

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I think you missed the word 'Consequences' in the comment - that being, if - and when, the participants of the march are stopped - with Trump like disregard for courtesy, the forced journey back to a place "where no grass grows", will see incidents of attacks, robberies and even deaths.
    - It is America's record of contempt that I refer to, not, to besmirch the memories of the native (and true 'American') race that corporate rule of Presidential power tried to exterminate

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So whatever happened to that caravan, don't hear much about it anymore.

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm worried about what will happen when the caravan reaches the border. Will the troops fire on them creating an international incident (not to mention a massacre) or will they refuse to fire on them, essentially telling Trump to go fuck himself? The situation is a slow burning fuse leading to a powder keg.

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Trump has built a tent City for them. The Libs will scream it's a concentration camp and demand they be housed at the Holiday Inn Express.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't know that they're ordered to fire on the caravan. The actual orders are probably never going to reach the public, unless someone tips off the media. But I think they are supposed to arrest people that throw rocks or what have you. I doubt anyone gets shot... maybe if they try to climb over or something. I agree that it would be an internationally infamous thing. We already look bad; like we're turning people away. If we shot them that would send a very strong message.

I'm more concerned about the militias that have volunteered their support becoming more of a gaggle of armed hooligans. :worried:

7. And the choice for the Americans is what? Being called an entire nation of contemptuous people? Or is it possible for them to be the good guys by simply letting everyone into the country who wants to come here? Wouldn't that be nice. Courteous even!

8. WOLF ANGEL

There is always a choice both in words (standing up with vocal protest) and action - (at the polls)
    And for calling a 'Nation' - again, I think you missed the words "corporate rule of Presidential power "- (both past and present) within the comment and not the people - especially those of indigenous background
    And, when the 'Leader of the free World' sets the example to others of the way America 'Welcomes' immigrants that he does- it seems far from being courteous. Good point WP

9. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I doubt anyone will get shot either but it's a possibility. All it takes is for one soldier, or hooligan, to lose his cool and pull the trigger. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Nothings going to happen, unless there is violence directed at the asylum seekers..

11. WOLF ANGEL

That's the Hope - However History notes = * Date: 4 May 1970 *

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  12. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

So thousands of Hondurans are fleeing 3 teenagers? Quite the analysis there young gorilla.

But since you missed it:

Here's a quote from the orange one himself:

But yes, far-right militias will be there acting as an auxiliary force. And will likely be a lot more trigger happy.

Funny, I just read something about this in a text on nativism:

"It was a Jewish-American poet “aroused by Russian pogroms to a consciousness of America’s mission” who wrote the passage now displayed on the Statue of Liberty: “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” This stands as one pole of America’s historical attitude towards immigrants. The other is an anxiety produced by precarity and the loss of homogeneity that gives rise to xenophobia. We can identify two narratives here: America as refuge and America as fortress." - Nativism and the Foundations of US Xenophobia

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Wildfires and mass shootings.

14. Aren't militias notoriously racist entities? They're probably so happy Trump is in office making them look legitimate. Life is good for the militias these days, I'll bet.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So their President tries to change the constitution so he stays in power, Honduran Supreme court orders the army to arrest him, they do, but exile him to Costa Rica instead

And that is "US backed" how exactly???

Did you actually read up on it or are you just copying and pasting what you got spoon fed from these commie websites?

16. I see no reason to extend courtesies to people sneaking across the border, a problem I have been hearing about for most of my life. Nobody "deserves" to just walk up and demand entry to the US. That process doesn't work anywhere else on the planet, so why is it expected of the Americans?

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

OPINION: Hard choices: Hillary Clinton admits role in Honduran coup aftermath

There are about 50 other links of reference, but they all be dubbed as right wing propoganda sources and therefore ridiculous implications.

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

They are planning to claim asylum at an official port of entry, as is their right under both US and international law.

MeAgain likes this.
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Funny how the left love these words as somehow a cause for their radioactive feelings towards anyone's opposition to what they stand for.

So I'll help explain again for the 20th time.

Nowhere in those words does it say......and we will provide you with free food, housing, clothing, education, medical care, a job, and we will change our schools and communities to cater to you.

Nor does it say, if you come here illegally that you will receive food, housing, medical and legal care, and free access to your children during the legal process timeframe it takes to send you back.

Those have somehow mircaoulousky been implied by the left as somehow what the words meant when they were written.

Back when all of our migrant roots got here, all those words promised was opportunity. The rest was up to them. It worked much better for our country and our immigrant family ancestors when those words stood for that.

20. So I hear since it has been established that they are only women and children and absolutely no gang members or criminals are present in the caravan. Of course we know what happens to Americans who try to do this in other countries. Which is too bad, I'd like to be a beach bum in Cancun, but I'll have to settle with Key West.