Caravan Of Hondurans Headed To United States

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Oct 22, 2018.

1. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

3. That's a shame. Seems like a better plan would have been to go to a country that offers free healthcare. People in the US die everyday waiting for healthcare, it's a national tragedy.

storch likes this.
  4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

The Trump administration is now hold over 14000 immigrant children in a tent city detention camp away from their parents. It also has started to stamp numbers on the arms of immigrants seeking asylum at the border--at the proper port of entry. The numbers don't appear to be branded or tattooed. They are large and dark, maybe long lasting ink? They still remind one of Hitler's tactics when sending unsuspecting people to concentration camps.

5. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Talked about this with a few upper-middle class Chinese today and their solution was to shoot them on sight. Didn’t start with “not to offend, but...” or anything. Just plain as day. Conversation continued on without a hitch after.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Migrants=huddled masses

snowtiggernd likes this.
  7. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is what sickens me; the way people can see humans in suffering... and think like that. Where I live we have a pretty significant homeless problem, and people often have the same "solution"; and I'm like, you realize.... they're.... humans, people... right? our brothers and sisters???

snowtiggernd and MeAgain like this.
  8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's a defense mechanism. People are too scared to love on such a large scale. That would me everything had to change. It's easier to dehumanize.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Under godwins law you lose this argument.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

No country has "free" healthcare. That's just a right wing word to I guess imply it's impossible. They seem to hate the idea of free services. What you are thinking of is tax funded healthcare and many countries including the US offer services to foreigners in the country without them paying tax. Even if they can not pay which is something I hear right wingers bring up. We HAVE to fix the Mexicans broken arm, he knows it and he exploits it.

It's a violation of war treaties to deny this to people. Kind of like how it's also a violation to use tear gas outside combat.

Pretty low bar if we want people dying to scare them away. Seems to be the goal now. A "yeah it's rough but fuck you attitude".

scratcho likes this.
  11. If you're just going to keep dumping this "right winger" crap on me, I see no point to discussing this further. It's boring and pointless. You're fixed in your perspective, so it's settled, quite obviously.

Which leaves me to wonder if your only goal is to "prove" me wrong. That's a dead end since I'm seeking neither.

12. GuerrillaLorax

13. Don't look at the comments on YT, they're not so good.

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'm glad the Huddled Masses appear to be adequately clothed and fed. One was smoking a cigarette. Not at all what I expected. :expressionless:

15. GuerrillaLorax

16. storch

storch banned

And it would appear that there is no shortage of shaving razors either.

17. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

1) I wasn't making an argument. I was making a factual statement...just reporting information which I had a chance to read.
    2) I don't care about Godwin's Law or Allah's Law. I care about International Human Rights.
    3) I believe in 22 months a Republican will not be able to get elected, unless it's for County Dog Catcher!

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So what do you call yourself? "Right wing" is a descriptive term and you seem offended by it.

And your point is? Cigarettes are cheap and addictive. People even have them in prison and in rehab for other drugs. It's not far fetched to think someone very poor will still find a few cents to feed this addiction.

Okiefreak and stormountainman like this.
  19. I don't label myself, so yes, it's offensive to be labeled by someone. Especially when you know very little about me. It's belittling to be shoved into a random category, something I have not done to you.

But I understand as well that a lot of folks today are fixated on sorting every aspect of humanity so they can be classified into specific silos. I personally think it has no place in social circles and doesn't build relationships.

While I comment on politics, I try not to get too deep into it with friends. Speaking to each other in text alone can lead to spirals of misunderstanding that cascade into substantial hostility. Which is most unbecoming in a place like this.

I have a short list of people on this site that I keep in the ignore locker because of their hateful rhetoric.

I voted for Obama, then I voted for Trump. My purpose was the same in both cases, I didn't want to see the Clintons in the white house again. I cant imagine what category that shoves me into. But more of a thigh than a wing!

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Doesn't matter what you care about, you lose.
    Good day sir.

WritersPanic likes this.