Car that runs on water

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by EricF1976, Jul 8, 2019.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You can produce electricity by sticking copper and steel nails into lemons.
    How about a new car,??????.......1000 nails and 2 million lemons per mile. :yum::yum::yum::yum:
    A 10% reduction in lemon consumption if you can produce 4 gallons of piss per mile :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

themnax likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Our boys always go out prepared, with an extra boot full of beer.

wilsjane likes this.
  3. wilsjane

Did you hear about the guy who ran out of fuel, poured a few beers into the tank and got home,?
    Needless to say, the beer went to the sludge sump at the bottom of the tank, displacing enough fuel to restart the engine. But the idiots brigade made it headline news in the UK.
    Breakdown services were getting calls from even bigger idiots who were adding beer and even whiskey to their fuel.

PS, this must have been about 30 years ago. LOL

unfocusedanakin, Orison and themnax like this.
  4. wooleeheron

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad World and a tragic waste of good whiskey.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

bottom line, water is not a FUEL. unless its deuterium. and do you really want to sit next to a deuterium reactor in your car?
    piss, beer and whiskey do contain small percentages of combustible proteins, (and large percentages of water that cause more problems, as has been detailed, then help)
    but other then piss, dam that's expensive fuel.

citrus batteries are a useful way to emergency power electronic devices for short periods of time, a day or two generally, if they consume really small amounts of current.

in any event, two things to consider, the amount of mass to be moved, and the amount of energy made available to move it.

room temperature liquid metal batteries, the last i heard, are a real thing, so are magnetically suspended flywheels, as a very clean way of storing energy, that can be trickle charged off of solar cells,
    but to use that energy efficiently, is why i advocate small form factor rail based systems. at any rate, somewhat far afield from actually powering internal combustion by water.

steam of course is a real technology, but it takes a fuel, or some other source of energy input, to convert water into it.

i kind of like that 3-year nuclear battery used to power at least one of the mars rovers,
    but considering the kind of nuts there are running around, i'm not sure i'd want to be able to buy one at home depot.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  6. Eric1976

Eric1976 Jedi Knight

Sounds reasonable. I mean the government does have a history of working on secret projects and not telling people. Like Area 51 in Roswell, New Mexico. They are hiding something in hanger 18 so yeah a car that runs on water isn't that far out. Maybe that is why we are encouraged to drink more beer than anything else.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My hot rodded 1972 Plymouth Duster had a water injection system... It was always fun getting it past tech inspection at the dragstrip with 50% alcohol in that bottle.

RetiredHippie and Eric1976 like this.
  8. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Hyde from That 70's Show
    "It's a car that runs on water man!"

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

10. mcme

mcme lurker

The water or alcohol injection set up on a ragged edge engine is a way to prevent catastrophic failure from the mods bringing it to the ragged edge, or deal with low octane fuel when you really need higher octane. Not exactly the same as running on water, which is a myth.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yup... I was running an 11:1 compression ratio. Never blew it up, though.

I wasn't implying it is the same as running on water.

mcme likes this.
  12. wilsjane

At that time, a lot of work was done on fuel water injection. It failed because the steam hardened piston rings, causing them to harden, loosing contact pressure and sometimes even fracture, causing serious engine damage. Excess water also got past the now weakened rings into the sump, causing oil to emulsify into salad cream. The whole idea came from the power boost system used by Harrier jet fighters during vertical takeoff, but it could not be used in flight, due to it causing rapid oxidation of the turbine fins.

With today's technology, I wonder if we will see its return. Possibly diesel engines injecting adblue prior to combustion to increase the rate of oxides of nitrogen conversion into ammonia and carbon dioxide..

13. wooleeheron

Physicists have, more or less, finally mastered turbulence and could easily improve on countless designs, but everything is about to go electric, because they've also mastered making cheap high performance motors and graphene supercapacitors. Already their new mastery of turbulence has led to aircraft manufacture's redoing all the mathematics on all their models. There's still some work to be done putting all the pieces together, but its only a matter of time and the big auto makers in the US have already combined their efforts to construct the first all carbon factory. Even cheap graphene yarns can be spun and installed in carbon body panels instead of using batteries. There is no choice, we cannot keep using either the current battery technology we have or the fossil fuels. One of the advantages of supercapacitors, is you can pour as much power as you want into all four motors simultaneously and give a drag racer a run for their money. The cooler you can keep the motors, the faster you can go, while a DARPA scientists just patented a room temperature superconductor.

14. wilsjane

I wonder where all the electric vehicle idea will end up. The proposed changeover to electric cars in the UK alone will require 8 additional power stations and cars only represent 50% of road traffic. The power stations are only half the problem, the national grid will also need to be doubled in capacity and this will cost billions. An interesting fact is that if we consider power from an oil fired station and trace it through to a car in London, with transmission losses, battery efficiency and everything else taken into account, a car will return about 10 miles for every gallon of oil burnt at the power station. This same efficiency problem will exist however we generate the electricity. Electric cars may help prevent city air pollution, but the effect on global warming will increase. Only wind or solar electricity will resolve the problem and the later is not viable in the UK

15. wooleeheron

Car engines can already be made that extract more pollution from the air then they create, and researchers have developed a variety of fuels and plastics that can be made out of smog for commercial purposes. Researchers have even made it possible to turn coal fired plants into green electricity producers. When it comes to technology, the market decides how fast the prices come down, while the Pentagon points their guns at anyone who disagrees with Wall Street. As the population of the most polluted countries continues to decline, they will either get the message or be replaced with cheap microprocessors and robots. The Pentagon has plans to put at least 40,000 drones in the ocean, that only have to be recharged once a year if that, because they draw their power from the water like Captain Nemo.

What will be interesting to see is just how long the money is allowed to take on a life of its own and how long people will keep competing with their own machines in the name of survival of the fittest.

16. wilsjane

I could write a book on stupidity as long as government officials and bankers are allowed to make engineering decisions.

In London, it was decided to use hybrid buses to cut emissions. No one realized that their was no electricity to charge them. One garage with more than 100 buses has the capacity to charge 2 of them. Providing the power and distribution would cost tens of millions.

To release the power, a huge scheme of changing street lighting to LED, with a claimed saving of 85% was rolled out. No one stopped to think that this figure was based on tungsten filament lighting, not high pressure sodium.
    In the very best case 250 watt SON bulbs are being replaced with 190 watt LED. In side streets using SOX systems the 30 watt bulbs are being replaced with 45 watt LED.
    Soon glare started to create problems, causing the LED manufacturers to lower the color temperature. The result. Less light and higher wattage.
    Had the idiots who planned all this simply handed out free LED bulbs to the public, shops and offices, they could have achieved a near 80% saving at less than 5% of the cost.

Last week I was asked who I thought would make the best future prime minister.
    People laughed when I replied, "ME" :yum::yum::yum:
    Many a true word spoken in jest.
    At least I would appoint doctors to run the health service and chartered electrical engineers to look after energy.
    Since it would be difficult to find some of these people due to them holding senior positions and not wanting to take a salary cut, I would look towards recently retired people with a lifetime of experience in their field LOL.

17. wooleeheron

Freedom in the free world became much more expensive the minute the Soviet Union collapsed, but whenever I suggest to Libertarians that they can already replace millions of bureaucrats, teachers, and others with cheap computers they suddenly don't want to discuss smaller government and lower taxes. Thankfully, the AI will replace even the stupid voters, who will gladly let any idiot lead them around by the nose.

18. wilsjane

We seem to live in a world run by idiots.
    Am I correct in assuming that you are a chartered engineer.?

19. wooleeheron

No, I am not an engineer, I'm a self-taught brain damaged mentally deranged hippie dippy with only a high school education. Civilization is so lowbrow because half the world has been insisting all along that life must make sense and, therefore, the other half of the world who insists it doesn't are flat out insane. A theory of everything would either prove that half the world is crazy, or the whole world is simultaneously sane and insane, because 42 is as good as it gets. Quite by accident, I discovered how to prove 42 is as good as it gets with quantifiable empirical evidence and how to make unique predictions.

Once you comprehend how people organize like chickens, all the madness makes a great deal more sense. People only organize like chickens, because they can't manage any better with the technology they have and it reflects their default memory-centric systems logic. You can't organize simpler than chickens, because it reflects the supersymmetry of life in a mulitiverse within a singularity, where the principle of identity vanishes down the nearest available rabbit hole or toilet of your preference, but in a somewhat orderly, if ultimately random, fashion.

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If energy is free think of what that would have meant for man and who would not have gotten rich if there is no wealth in electricity or oil. Without your gas or electrical bill you are a lot more free. Tesla though of energy as free not a commodity.

We could have gone gasoline free for decades but where is the money in the sun or wind? It's just there and anyone can take it. Capitalism hates that. In the 1960's GM was testing cars that did not run on gas that were getting 3 times the mileage of the huge v8's of the time. They were pressure to get rid of them. It costs a lot of jobs in the oil industry and business interests in the Middle East.

The more we progress with the science of how to create energy the more I think we will see the best stuff is free.