Captain Jack Sparrow ...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by KyndVeggie4Peace, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

I understand what you are talking about with China, I studied it last semester. My teacher was born in Japan, and his family moved him to China right after the Communists took control. So we spent a lot of time discussing the events that lead up to Deng Xiapeng. I kinda felt bad for him; arrested, locked-up, let go, repeat. I suppose he got the last laugh (he is not without his faults though). I kinda wish he was in power all the way along, just because he seemed to move China towards a more centralist point of view. As centralist as a communist country can be.
    The Great Leap Forward was certainly a scar on the collective conciousness, and the Cultural Revolution wasn't much help either (to put it mildly). We have only ourselves to blame, the western powers that is. If we weren't dipping our fingers into the pot, we could have provided real aid to the country, rather than deporting anyone with ties to China. Things haven't changed much have they? Just another group of people.
    But, for all the misfortunes China has suffered under, it doesn't excuse them for all of their misdeeds. Tibet, exhiling the Dalai Lama, kidnapping the Panchen Lama, and now renaming a new Panchen? I understand there are worse sins that the Chinese government has committed (it was just revealed that a prison in one of the southern provinces harvests organs from live doners - more specifically, political prisoners and other prisoners), but to look at ALL their misdeeds would drive you crazy. I condemn all of them.

I am also extremely interested in Asian studies. My senior thesis is going to be analysis of English/American Literature through the lens of Buddhism. Hopefully I will be working with the English, Asian Studies and Philosophy department. I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

2. spooner

spooner is done.

Yup, you caught me. I secretly walk around green with envy of all guys more attractive than me. Then I revoke my ultimate revenge my insulting their acting skillz.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

So you're the one I got all those hate letter from during my second grade peter pan performance?!

4. diazrichard

diazrichard Banned

Yeah me 2 pirates of the caribbean was awesome

5. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

Johnny Depp is pretty awsome[​IMG]
    I love him in Fear and loathing:)

6. drummer

drummer Member

yes..Johnny Depp is very talented....

7. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

skillz :D ahaha
    okay, micha..

8. Biida

Biida Member

Jack Sparrow totally turns my crank. He's gross and filthy and probably pretty putrid.

... 'Cause I bet you he's on a continuous pheramone overload.

POTC 2 in 15 days! :D