Can't smoke weed without benzos

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Joe Hippie, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Joe Hippie

Joe Hippie Member

Hey

I can't smoke weed without taking some benzos. If i do my heart beats so fast.

But when i mix with benzos i can enjoy my high and get super baked without ANY panic attak or super heart beat.

Is it just me???

2. Joe Hippie

Joe Hippie Member

No one?

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

If I am not smoking regularly- if I take a long break and then start smoking again... sometimes I will have that problem at first. I have normally a very rapid heart beat and used to be rx'd a beta blocker for that- and I also have anxiety issues (panic attacks).... so, if I wasn't used to smoking, combine those two things and BINGO! Way too fast a heart beat- but if I had benzoes and took a couple, yea... I'd be fine and once I started smoking more often again, that would go away.

4. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Why would you take a long break? Just askin.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Probation.

When I'm on it- smoking isn't worth going to jail for me...or risking it.

Now my appointments are every 2 months though so I can smoke half the time. :)

6. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

This is not a good strategy bro.

If you can't enjoyably smoke weed without taking benzos on top of it, don't smoke weed.

You'll end up addicted to benzodiazepenes and from what I hear that's supposed to be one of the nastiest addictions, and can cause seizures when the medication is discontinued and potentially even death.

Try some natural herbs or supplements to combat the anxiety if anything. Or learn and practice some anxiety management techniques, and make sure you have good control over your set and setting. If nothing works, you should probably just quit smokin weed... you're heading down a dangerous and risky path with the benzo supplementation.

7. Joe Hippie

Joe Hippie Member

I think ill be able to enjoy it when i get used to the effect, and not smoke the strongest hast...cause i can enjoy weed without benzo sometimes, but not strong hash. So its maybe cause i am so new

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yes your too new. When I first started smoking I felt like my heart would explode. But once I did it a bit the feeling stopped completely.

9. mynameisbrian

mynameisbrian Member

is it for the anxiety or is it for the heart beat? can't really say much about the heart beat, but clear your mind before you smoke. get in a relaxed and happy mood, then smoke. I get anxiety on it when I haven't smoked in awhile, and the first times I got into it, but now I clear my mind and I don't get it anymore.

10. Drumminstoned3

Drumminstoned3 Guest

Anxiety and fast heart rate are common side effects for some, though it does seem wierd a relaxing depressive high would give you those effects it's similar for seroquel with me, although mood stabilizing and cns depressing I'll have a straight panic attack like some people with bud. If its that racey fluttering anxiety in your chest like mine I can say it may just be your natural response to the effects. Try some high cbd% pure sativa, that worked for myself and a few others.
    Also like others said you maybe too new, or can't handle the potency, likewise you could just be getting to fkin stoned.

11. Mad Nok

Mad Nok Member

I would not smoke if I HAD to take benzo's for the racing heart beat. My heart beats quite a lot faster for about 5 minutes after I smoke, and it is actually rather pleasant for me. I've done a little experimenting with spice products and that stuff makes my heart beat about as fast, only it feels so unnatural that I feel kind of frightened. Like other folks said, It goes away almost entirely when tolerance develops.

12. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Benzos aren't supposed to be very good for you...

Perhaps try Kava? Although I don't know if you can safely mix Kava with weed, probably but don't hold me to that!