Can't Sleep

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by shynd, Apr 9, 2007.

1. shynd

shynd Member

So I've been smoking for three years now, and within those three years have never really had a time where I could have passed a drug test. I decided to take a break for a while and I'm on day 3 and I can't fucking sleep. I only got five hours of sleep last night, was tired all day, and now I'm in bed as I type and can't keep my eye's shut. I want so badly to smoke a bowl and fall asleep to the discovery channel, but I really want to get clean for a while - I don't know why exactly because everytime I try to do this I end up really depressed and smoke more afterwards. Im trying to figure out how long it would take for me to pass a drug test. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

damn that shit sucks man replace weed with something it will help

3. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

I get that too on occasion, if it's your first break in a long time it's gonna be a little tough, but after the first week you'll have no trouble sleeping. It's not as hard as you think it's going to be.

You'll get through it, try a nice warm cup of tea before bed, meditate, read, do something calming and relaxing before bed. If you can maybe get your hands on some Unisom, or Ambien to aid you in getting to sleep for the first night or two.

Good luck!

4. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hey Girl,

You just need to change your routine. Have a nice warm cup of "night time" tea and snuggle up with a good book. Always sends me off to the ole Sleepy Time Village.

5. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

do something physical. Run, have lots of sex, play basketball, get really tired out. Always helps me sleep, after the adrenaline goes away

6. midnite702toker

midnite702toker Member

Yeah when I dont smoke for a little sometimes I can have a hard time falling asleep. And usually im too tempted when I have a 1/2 O in my closet so I pack a bowl. Sometimes when im taking tolerance breaks I just get a handle and keep it in my room. If I take like 3-4 shots before bed it leaves me feeling nice and I have a good night of sleep. Go Wild Turkey!!!!

7. shynd

shynd Member

thanks guys...ha wow i really hate nights like last night. i stayed up so late thinking about everything and worrying i would never sleep again. it's 930 so i think i'm gunna go for a run now (my lungs will probably only last 10 min, but i don't have sleepy time tea and it's all i can do) and hopefully i'll be happily asleep shortly after that

8. guitarzan_1231

guitarzan_1231 Member

oh fuck man thats what im afraid of. Ive smoked weed every day and have trouble sleeping teh days i dont, so i save little bits of weed to make the week last

9. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

ya I know what you mean dude. whenever I dont have weed for a day or 2 I get so much energy its impossible for me to get more than 5 hrs of sleep.

10. CaptainBeefheartFan

CaptainBeefheartFan Screwed Up

get some valerian capsules. valerian is an herb. If you take one more than they recommend taking, it will knock you right out and you will sleep soundly and wake up feeling very rested. You can buy it at like whole foods or a grocery store. It works awesome, and its not dangerous at all. good luck on your break man, I know its hard. Just try and do things that you like doing that keep you entertained. Most of the time, we just smoke weed because we're bored, so if you're really bored, do something fun, like play guitar, try to beat that video game that you have lying around, do a puzzle, hang out with your friends that don't smoke, whatever makes you happy. In order to pass a drug test, you would have to not smoke for like three to five weeks. If you drink cranberry juice, it will clean your system faster as it has antioxidents in it. Peace