Can't open my eyes or mouth

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by chinadoll, Jun 12, 2008.

1. chinadoll

chinadoll Member

For the last 6 or 7 years I have reoccuring dreams where the content isn't so important but all of a sudden in my dream I can't open my eyes at all. They are stuck closed and no matter how hard I try to open them I can't. Every now and then if I do get them open I actually wake up. This is a frightening feeling. I feel powerless and I can't see where I'm going. I also sometimes can't open my mouth in my dreams . I have something to say to someone and as much as I try to get something out I just can't open my mouth. This makes me feel powerless as well because no one can hear me and I can't control it. About a month ago I was struggling soooo hard to talk in my dream that I actually woke myself up and laughed like crazy because the noises I was making in reality were funny as hell. My sig o woke up and laughed at me and said it sounds like there's a ghost in here. I did come to my own conclusions as far as interpretation goes but I was wondering has anyone else experienced this? If so what do you think it means?

2. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

Personally, I think that you need to drink a lot more water as it is probably body chemistry related as it seems as if it is mimicking an OBE.

As far as meaning goes, if there is any, it may signify that the soul wants to see Reality as it really is but subconsciously the body fears it (body consciousness vs. soul consciousness.)

3. sun-shine

sun-shine Member

I'm glad I stumbled across this... I don't really have much help to offer. But I have experienced something similar to what you're talking about. I don't know how long it's been, but every couple months I'll have a dream, a normal dream, and suddenly there will be a light in my eyes and I can't open them and when I try they immediately shut. Though I've never experienced the inability to talk, I can imagine that's much more frightening.
    I honestly don't know why it keeps happening.

4. seeker

seeker Member

I have felt similar to that where I realized I was dreaming and wanted to wake up but couldn't. Strange, scary feeling. I could feel my body but couldn't control it.

5. JethBroh

JethBroh VikingAmbasador

6. Shredda_King

Shredda_King Member

Sleep paralysis.

Happens to me too in dreams, and often times I wake up or think I did, and still can't move for a few minutes. Often times I'll be really clumsy in the dream- can't keep the car on the road, trouble walking and talking, cant open my mouth, stuff like that.

One time it hapened, and for some reason I thought to try and talk to God...not because I was scared, it happens all the time, but I just thought that for some reason...then I felt like I was going to explode, it was crazy! I got scared and shook off the feeling but I wish I'd held on.

But yeah, it's sleep paralysis. Instead of getting scared, try and work with it. It's an altered state of consciousness, who knows what you can do or accomplish with such an oppurtunity, that's how I see it.

7. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

Ughh when I get that "sleep paralysis I always see black figures of people and get scared as crap and cant move.