CannedHeat!

Discussion in 'Music' started by HappyChild, May 12, 2004.

1. HappyChild

HappyChild Member

Where's the love for Canned Heat?!
    One of the great forgotten bands.

2. Ellis

Ellis Member

That band is so good. The first time when I heard On The Road Again, I was sold. I really want to buy a cd by them but I can't seem to find one in my local record store...:(

3. Fizzyliftingdrink

Fizzyliftingdrink Member

I love Canned Heat! When my family would go on vacations when I was little, we'd always listen to canned heat and sing along. It was our favourite CD. It's so funny when I think about it now, we'd be driving along singing Amphetamine Annie, and we'd all sing the "Speed Kills" part really loud!

4. CalJam

CalJam Member

Canned Heat was a pivitol part of my LA growing up, I would see them many times back in the 60's and 70's with other LA groups like Spirit and Arthur Lee & Love. The Heat were one of the most influencial Boogie Blues bands of that era and kept the music going throughout the years despite the personel changes. Sad to say I was there when Bob 'the Bear' Hite passed away, even though they went on we all knew it was an end to a great era and band. Fitto's book is an awesome recolection into the days once been so pick it up if you have the chance. Peace In Music, CalJam..

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I love them! I think they're still hanging on, but there's only one original member left in the band. They all died of overdoses and stuff... :D Rock on. ;)

6. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

Canned Heat is groovy!