Canna Butter

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by eccofarmer, May 21, 2004.

1. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I have seen a few recipes for canna butter.I would like to know if any one here has one they have tried and liked.Thanks.

2. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

This comes from The Art and Science of Cooking with Cannabis, originally published in 1974....

The procedure is actually very simple. Brings a pot of water to a rolling boil, then puts a small amount of butter in the water. Quickly, the butter melts, and mixes in with the water because the whole mixture is at a rolling boil.
    Then you put the grass in and boil it. (Of course, you will want to seperate all the seeds out first.) Now all the grass is riling around with the water and butter, and get this: The cannabinoids dissolve into the butter, while most of the nasty flavors and gook dissolve into the water. Stir the stuff regularly. After cooking the grass like this for a while (say, half an hour), your kitchen really smells incriminating. Strain out the spent plant matter, squeeze all the juice out of it, and put the liquid in the fridge. A few hours later, the mixture is cool enough that the cannabutter has solidified on the surface. It looks kind of scummy, but its just enchanted butter. Then scoop it out and retain it in a bowl or a jar. The grass-nasty water is thrown out. The cannabutter can be used just like butter, in brownies, on garlic bread, or mixed with honey on your finger!

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

thats the first time I ever saw the boiling water part in a recipe for cannabutter

4. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I seen that one on the lost and found site on msn groups.Great site.I never have done this i have other sisters back in Oregon who for some trade would make me some.I herd an another way was butter in a pan and heat it like you would to make ghea but add herb.I have made ghea so i know how to do that but wanted like the best way that anyone has tried.I will try the water method though.Thanks for taking the time to post that one.