Canibus Etiquitte

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NightShadow, May 23, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

You can't take marijuana that serious. I mean yeah it gets you high and all. But you don't have a shit load of etiquitte when taking muhrooms or smoking opium. The whole point some of these stupid rules is so it goes as smoothly as possible. I honestly wouldn't want to smoke with someone who has a list of rules that everyone must follow. It needs to be casual. I think the etiquitte almost is for newbies who need something to guide them through smoking a bowl or blunt or wrap or something.

2. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

IM a newbie at weed so someone teach me how to roll a joint:D

3. Peace

4. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Thanks Peace! this should help

5. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

There are unspoken rules you should follow, but that is crap rules. Whoever threw down the buds makes the rules. They either paid for it or grew it, so it's their way.

6. Peace

I think you have summed it up perfectly. I am still certain that NightShadow didn't even type those. He probably just copied them.

7. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

i dont see em as rules....just courtesies....like roller of the joint sparks it....we always pass to the left. supplier gets firsties unless someone else rolled....and never break rotation.....girls seem to break it alot....thows things off....angers me. and try to get lighters back to respective owners.

8. reef

reef Member

rule #1 !!!!! don't lip the pipe, joint, and don't drool in the damn bong!!@!!

9. ohjinn

ohjinn Member

how can you not take marijuana seriously, peace? i think anything you ingest to heighten your awareness and alter your state should be taken with a certain amount of ceremony. you don't need to adopt a somber mood and meditate first but there's nothing wrong with acknowledging smoking up as a ritual, embarking on high, whether for relaxation or fun or spiritual aid. and i think the post was well written and fun and generally outlined what is the friendliest and most respectful ways of sharing your herb with people.

10. reef

reef Member

i agree, etiquitte meaning showing some sort of respect.

11. Micro

Micro Member

I thought this thread was going to be about the puff-puff-pass rule.

12. Velouria

Velouria Member

I agree with most of the "rules" or whatever but you forgot to mention not to stick half the joint in your mouth when you're inhaling. That's just nasty.

13. BuddyBuds

BuddyBuds Member

I agree with most of these rules.

but i see them more as guidelines then rules, as usually there is no 'punishment' for breaking a rule, it's usually just overlooked; at least in my circles. I just see it as using manners- marijuana style. the more you use you marijuana manners, the more times people invite you to smoke with them again.

Do you guys usually smoke your dealer up after buying? thats another fairly important part of canibus ettiquitte.

14. Peace

That rule really only applies to joints and blunts. If were hitting some kind of glass piece (it might be acrylic or metal or soemthing but a piece none the less) we just hit and pass.

15. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Same here, if it's a pipe/bong/vaporizer it's one hit pass. If it's a blunt/joint it's typically puff-puff-pass.

16. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Oddly for me my dealers have always smoked me up, even if I offer. I'm like shmokay.

17. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

18. Craevyn

Craevyn Member

to NightShadow: way to go copying from totse.com and the like

19. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

Who cares if he copied it, while he should have said so, im cool with the fact he spread the info.

Within all my friends i invite over, they all tend to follow all the rules on there own, yet if there is ever anyone that is an asshole, basicly they are constantly breaking etiquiet, even after we've told them whats cool and whats not, they will just find themselves not invited next time. Yet strangely enough, I have never had this problem, I think because I don't hang out with assholes those rules jst flow without being said.

20. Colours

Colours Senior Member

the only rule i enforce is puff pass, but thats usually with hookah. hookah just takes too long for people to be taking multiple drags. OTher than that, "weed ettiquitte" is nothing more than common curtousy. the same applies for anything, like going to a friends houes for dinner. its just being polite, and not being an ass.