Canadian tax payers pay 30.1 million for Syrian torture

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Oct 27, 2017.

1. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Walking off a bridge is an accident.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

10 million per person (assuming it gets split like that) seems a bit too much indeed. Certainly at first instance. Comparing it to what someone in the UK received after falling of a bridge as a kid may not be the best way to put things in perspective though.

3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

If that were canada and it happened in another country, say someone walks off a bridge that does not meet the requirements of Canadian laws, us tax payers would have to compensate him or her for pain and suffering that we Canadians had nothing to do with the lack of laws in another country!

Yes it does put things in perspective! Intentionally go into a country that has sharia law, make the choice to go vs. An accident!

Would rather see him get help than these three who made a choice

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

haha nice try....judging by your responses here i'd have to say everyone thinks this is a lame thread meant to cause arguments...you aren't good at it....

5. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Roll on rolling, again you bring nothing to the conversation other than your personal opinion of me rather than an opinion of the topic at hand. The looking to argue falls solely in your lap when you start out with name calling and looking to argue.

6. Asmodean

Syria doesn't apply sharia law on a national level. Thanks for playing.

7. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Oh right, except in Isis controlled areas! -rolls eyes- no risk there of being subject to it at all! And Egypt doesn't at all!

8. Asmodean

Well, despite what IS calls itself its not a country. They also do not really occupy that much land anymore :) You made an assertion about Syria that is not really true. There are reasons for skipping Syria as a travel destination, clear enough. Sharia law however is not one of them. Some countries with more serious forms of sharia law can still be traveled to as a tourist (unless you're from the US and its on their ban list i guess :p). Iran comes to mind. I know someone who went this year. If you can act normal its pretty safe to go there apparently :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Syria does have sharia law in play for the entire country though for personal matters.

The Personal Status Law in all of Syria is Islamic law. The Code of Persona Status. Syria does have sharia court. In Sharia courts, a woman's testimony is worth only half of a man's.

10. Asmodean

Go on, look further. Don't stop there! Maybe you find out what that means in regards to canadian visitors. Good luck on your quest for proper insight!

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

This is almost as bad as the time Trudeau gave $10,000,000 to that Guantanamo terrorist

12. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I don't think you get it at all! If you go to Syria you are subject to their laws and what they deem an issue. You country has nothing to do with their laws and your country laws do not apply in their country. Trudeau said no matter what they did in Syria is irrelevant because it went against Canadian laws. Any foreign government that mistreats someone holding Canadian citizenship and is mistreated elsewhere, it is Canadians responsponsibility to compensate them! I don't agree, but you do agree with this I take it? He is a globalist! He thinks our laws extend beyond our borders which makes us responsible financially for what Syria and Egypt did! We also better get use to it too, he says!

Canadians or any travellers there are not immune, simply because they are from another country.

And while Syrias Constitution does allow freedom of religion, the Government does restricts this right. While there is no official state religion, syrias constitution requires that the president must be Muslim and says that Islamic jurisprudence, an expansion of Sharia Islamic law, is a principal source of legislation.

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Do I have to explain it ? 10 million each ( however you spin it ) is too much ! Yes walking off a bridge can be construed as an accident even if the handrails are woefully inadequate BUT did any of these guys suffer life changing injuries ?
    and what about all the mercenaries gone to fight abroad should they be compensated because ISIS lost

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

From your link:

So Canadian law enforcement cooperated with the Syrian bastards. That's why the three Canadian citizens are being compensated.

15. Rots in hell

Bit confused tonight So let me have a think !

16. Rots in hell

[​IMG]

Good Canadian names !

17. Rots in hell

Muayyed Nureddin, left, Abdullah Almalki, centre, and Ahmad Elmaati

18. Rots in hell

Oh fuck it anyway

19. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Trudeau probably thinks Canadians should pay! Funny that he is willing to pay out to those three, when they never should have! None suffered any life changing injuries! While he takes back the compensation that the Conservative party gave to native people to this country. Pretty clear where his loyalties lie and it is not with the people of this country!

if the handrails are woefully inadequate and not maintained then that is not an accident, that is negligence. He should be taken care of, given the best care and living conditions possible in my opinion. No amount of money will bring back full function and no amount is too large imo.

20. Beach Ball Lady Balls

furthermore all three held dual citizenship, I am pretty sure none of them referred to themselves as Canadian simply because they moved here. It is not the way of things in Canada, we don't hyphenate here unless it is on some building or in a court. Pretty uncommon for even a second generation in Canada to refer to themselves as Canadian! So you want to call them Canadian ... I will call them Syrians and Afghans.

Does an American who moves from the USA all of a sudden start to refer to themselves as the country they move to or any other country for that matter?