Canadian Couple Arrested At U.S. Border For Asking Questions

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Aerianne, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"A Canadian couple arrive at the Niagara Falls border crossing. They are asked where they are going and they mention a Niagara Falls shopping mall. The immigration official asks what shops they plan to visit and they ask why they need to answer such questions. They are ordered out of their car and taken inside for further interrogation. When the Canadian man points up the ridiculous nature of this interrogation by asking, what are you gonna do, shoot me? the officials claim he is threatening them and assaulting them because he backed away while being arrested. The officials say everyone is required to submit to whatever order they give, no questions allowed. The man and his wife are thrown in jail, at which point the audio ends.

We subject law-abiding Canadian visitors to this kind of treatment while allowing mass illegal immigration across our southern border. This is no mistake; it is a perfectly designed system that reveals what sort of tyranny we are under."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-AWBfxsL6k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-AWBfxsL6k

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

To be fair, nobody likes a smart arse.

3. foresting

foresting Member

"We don't need any grounds"
    Why?
    "This is the United States"

4. Aerianne

I think the pivotal point was when he said he didn't know what specific store he would be shopping at. I thought it was reasonable for him to say "I don't know".

5. Brudof

Brudof Member

Idiots at the border have nothing better to do? Really? Apparently he threatened the police officer by saying what are you going to do? These small dicked assholes have some kind of chip on their shoulder just looking for trouble to meet their quota. More than half of these fools are highschool LOSERS who couldn't get any better job. Pathetic pieces of shit!

6. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

This past week I was having lunch with a friend who recently went to a wedding in upper NY state and on their way back home they decided to go to Canada in Niagara Falls. Due to their timing (it was a weekend) they were not able to purchase some wine or beer that her husband wanted to try. I forget the details (maybe they stayed through Monday) but they were able to make the purchase. They did do some sight seeing. They decided to come back home sooner because everything was so expensive.

When they were stopped at Niagara Falls they were asked dozens of questions about where they went and what they did. Did they make any purchases, where did they stay. My friend was a passenger and trying to find the papers that were required in the glove box. The crossing guard apparently asked them to remove their sun glasses but my friend did not hear this request as she was still looking for the papers. The guard then demanded that she remove her sun glasses. They were really startled by his command and tone of voice. They asked some of the same questions again and checked their car and trunk to see their purchases (I forget what else they bought but it wasn't much). Finally they were let through.

Needless to say they were both shaken up and stopped at a park along the river to have a picnic lunch. As they were sitting there they saw many boats just riding back and forth from Canada to the US and back and there was no one checking on or stopping the boats. They thought it was extremely odd considering the treatment they received just trying to get back in the US.

I wager that the Canadians in the tape will be put on some kind of list so that they will never be able to visit the US again (they probably won't want to either).

I can't remember the last time I was in a shopping mall but wager that if I had to name a store I was going to I might not know the names of the stores either.

7. Aerianne

It's crazy. What if they'd never been to that mall before and didn't know any of the stores?

I definitely wouldn't feel right being questioned like I was a criminal just because I wanted to cross the border and do something innocent.

The demeanor of those guards is horrible.

8. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Is there any way to get a follow up on this story? I wonder how long they were detained.

9. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

They're just pissed because the CAD is worth more.

10. Aerianne

I've looked and couldn't find one.

11. Trickface McTrickums

Trickface McTrickums Guest

'No grounds needed?' Bullshit. I'm from the south of of the US (Texas), and that is a clear abuse of authority. You just can't pull people from their cars just because they look funny, talk funny, or don't know they are specifically shopping at. Habeus corpus, dude. Habeus frickin' corpus.

12. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

When we took our band (the Down Home Nasties) up to Anchorage and the Canadian Custums gave us a hard time and the whole time we were watching a double stream of walkers crossing through the neighboring golf course.

13. Cranes3

Cranes3 Guest

This tape is shocking. The country who brought freedom to so much of europe in WWll, has been so willing to give up their civil liberties. At the end of the day, it speaks to what American freedom is really about.