can you quit?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by redbarcheta, Dec 29, 2004.

1. redbarcheta

redbarcheta Member

has anyone ever made the decision to take a break from smoking? I love toking up, but theres isnt that mystery of it anymore. I havent been smoking for a week, and might not smoke for another, or maybe two, so when i do smoke, ill get very stoned. But has anyone taken a break from pot, without someone making you? would you be able to if you tried?

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I can quit any time I want to, I've done it dozens of times. hahahaha ;)

In all seriousness, yeah, I've taken a month off twice in the last year alone, all by my lonesome. No worries, though I do miss it when I take time off.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I've been forced to quit smoking regularly. Infact, last time I smoked was sometime in November :eek: :(

I miss it.. I don't see the fucking problem.. I got caught with weed, wooptee doo..my sister got caught with cigarettes a month or so ago, she didn't even get grounded or expelled or anything... it's not like I was killing myself nearly as much as her when I smoked pot.

4. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i have quit every now and then, but starting last tuesday...er yesterday...im taking 2 weeks off. Just so i can get my tolerance back up and have money to buy more bud.

5. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I go weeks without smoking sometimes... Really makes no difference to me... I like smoking, but if I never did again it wouldn't much matter to me... :rolleyes:

6. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I know I'll quit for good when I have people depending on me, like when I have children.

Not that I think parents can't smoke; its just I can't be constantly stoned and spend all my cash on weed when I got babies to feed and pay attention to.

7. redbarcheta

redbarcheta Member

right on peace attack

8. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i've done it involuntarily, like over this break. when i don't have the cash to buy, obviously i can't smoke nearly as much. and it kinda sucks, but taking a small break can be good also, for the lungs and the brain. but as far as quitting goes... nah, i'd think it would be too hard.

9. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

My longest break in the past year was probably 5 days. I could never quit though either.

10. hip healer

hip healer Member

I just recently got off a three month break, like a month ago. It's easy to quit for me, but why quit when it's so fun.

On my Sophmore year I quit the whole year, only smoked once the whole year. It was very easy, I passed all my classes. Started smoking again at summer break.

11. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I gotta drug test which I will get an appointment for on Jan 17, if I test negative for marijuana, my paraphenelia charge is dropped. So, Jan 1st I gotta quit, then I got roughly bout 3 weeks to dilute my urine. To make sure I pass of course. I hope I can do it.

12. jakesanders

jakesanders Senior Member

You shoulda quit right when u heard about the test.

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Yea... i quit, i quit smokin bud every night when i goto bed, kinda tough to smoke in your sleep.....:rolleyes:

14. Rhythmdevil

Rhythmdevil Member

I quit when I was a senior in High School for about eight months, then I took another break about half way through my sophomore year of college. I'm probably gonna quit for good once I graduate from college.

15. YES I CANNABIS

YES I CANNABIS Member

NEVER! it's been 2 weeks without that sweet sweet bud, i don't think i can go on longer then that! i could never give up my ganja.. ever ever ever

16. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

ill smoke till my lungs collapse

smoke tree till the day i die

17. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Around when I was in my senior year of high school, many of the people in my circle of friends began to smoke pot, and some experimented with psychedelics too. Apart from them, I know others who have smoked pot habitually, as well.

ALMOST ALL of the people I have EVER known who smoked pot, did it so habitually that I would say they were "hooked." I witnessed the difficult struggles of numerous people very close to me as they tried to pull themselves away from it, and in some cases it hurt them before they were finally successful.

In one case, the smoker was forced out of the army with an other-than-honorable discharge, even after having been airborne and air assault qualified, and even after having been named Soldier of the Year at a major army base. That didn't carry any water for him once he failed the piss-test. And you might ask why a guy who had been doing so well felt he needed to smoke pot. He couldn't stop. I went on to witness him as he tried (after his army career went up in smoke) to quit over and over again. He even went so far as to lie to friends and family members that he had been off it for [insert amount of time he claimed to be clean] when I had personal, incontrovertible knowledge that he was indeed still smoking.

Another friend of mine went on to abuse prescription medication, even getting himself arrested for trying to get a fraudulent prescription filled; and then twice more for showing up at his own home while under the influence of drugs (His own wife had an enforcement order that said he would be subject to arrest if he were to be present in their home and on drugs; when she found him that way, she called the cops.)

I know others who went on to do cocaine.

I just can't think of many people I know who were habitual pot smokers who were actually in control of their smoking instead of the other way around.

Me, I've never smoked, not even once. And I see no need to even try it. Why would I want to waste my money when I don't feel any need or desire for it?

-Jeffrey

18. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I've smoked for 15 years, for about five of those years I grew and had a 2 gram a day habit and overall there was a good ten years in there that I smoked pretty much everyday. Then a few years ago I just started smoking less. It wasn't a conscious decision to smoke less, I just started smoking less. Now I smoke perhaps once every three days. Sometimes I go for weeks without smoking even though I might have plenty of it around the house. Sometimes I smoke everyday for a few weeks.

I couldn't imagine being addicted to it, having it control me. I know what its like to be addicted to cigarettes - marijuana could never have the same control over me as nicotine.

19. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

I took a 10 day break when I wanted to several months ago since I wanted to lower my tolerance. I know that if I need to quit for awhile I will be able to do that. I think I will probably take a break during my final exam week in about two weeks. If I take a break I definitely prefer to do it when I want to rather then if I am forced to, but then again if a situation came up where I would need to quit for sometime I would. I know that I would never want to give up marijuana permanently, but short breaks in between work well enough.

20. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i have been dry for the first time this past week...it sucks and all but i realize that i deffentily ould quit...but as of now ireally dont want to...i love everything about weed...espeshily my own homegrown weed