Can you make the difference between a regular dream, and a *special* one?

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Penny, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

By special dream, I mean, a dream that seems like a message sent from somewhere?

Sometimes, I have these dreams where evereything seems different, it's more like I'm completely councious that I am dreaming... for example, after my grandparents died, I went through a period when I wondered a lot about what was happening after we die, and all that, and I had a few dreams when I would talk with my grandparents about it, but it all seemed REAL, if you see what I mean. I even told them things like "i don't wanna wake up because I'd stop being with you" and stuff like that... and I know it wasn't just a regular dream. I just felt it, you know?

And what happens very often, is that when I need answers to some questions, I get these dreams where I get them through... someone, maybe my guardian angel?

What does everyone think about that?

2. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hi Penny

sometimes it is like we tap into a moment of knowing that changes us for ever and it is like the reasons that helped us to be ready were as special. And we just know we are part of a reality where all is connected and we know it from a place of truth that is real beyond all we thought we knew. And it is like we are coming home.

But then this is not limited to dreams ... it happens all the time and we just do not dare to realize.

That's what i think. Thank you for the post!

3. Meeshka Chaukinov

Meeshka Chaukinov Senior Member

generally, whenever i have a dream, and i wake up feeling some kind of eerie sense about what i just experienced, i usually try and analyze it and it has some relevance. usually, when they seem like just little midless hallucinations, i just ignore them becuase they usally have no meaning.

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

My cat, Janis, was found dead yesterday but my boyfriend who saw her body thinks she died 2 days ago... the night she must have died, I had another one of these special dreams, she was lying on my chest, looking really peaceful, and loving, and I felt like I knew what it meant, even if I didn't want to accept it. She'd been missing for 5 days.

5. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I can sometimes, I think, it is so hard to know for sure. I believe that my stepdad visited me in a dream after he died, to assure me not to feel guilty for not being there. When I woke up, my guilt was gone. But usually my special dreams only become special when the reality they show happens later. I never know which ones will be special, though they have a few common elements, sometimes. lol

6. gratefuldeadhippy

gratefuldeadhippy Member

i think all dreams you remember are special dreams. you can dream many times a nigth and if one stands out it most likely means something. i remember some dreams but cant ever decipher them.