Can You Help Me Stop?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Princess123, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Princess123

Princess123 Members

Hey girls, the only reason I'm writing this on here instead of the Bisexual forum is because that forum is pretty sleazy in comparison, so wanted some actual advice please?
    Basically, I'm Engaged to be married to a lovely man who is the father of my 2 year old daughter, and I love him dearly. BUT, I keep having feelings about a girl I hooked up with about 6 years ago, and I don't know how to get the thoughts out of my head so I can continue being happy?
    I think about her quite often, and my heart starts racing and I imagine scenarios where things ended differently, not sexually, but emotionally, and I feel like I'm emotionally cheating on my partner!
    I don't want to label myself as a Bisexual, as I don't think I am, I just realllllyyyyy fancy some women, especially the only girl I ever slept with, but I know I'll never be with her, so please can you advise me on how you've got over 'the one that got away' in the past?
    It's such a different feeling from Men, I have zero emotional attachments to my ex boyfriend, or any other guys besides my current Fiancé, so I don't really know what's going on?
    Soz about the essay! X

2. Kath1

Kath1 Members

Maybe it stands out in your mind because it was a unique and one of a kind experience for you? Can you express your feelings to your fiance? Maybe he will understand and it won't be a big deal. I know I still have loving feelings and longings for past lovers I will never see again. I think it is perfectly natural. And it is easy to idealize those people also, because you don't see them in the often boring, frustrating and unflattering light of everyday life. I think most people have some bisexual tendencies they are conditioned to ignore. I would consider discussing it with him. If that is a part of you and he loves you for yourself, he may understand and accept. Just my 2 cents but I hope it helps.

3. Princess123

Princess123 Members

He sort of knows that I find women really attractive, and he makes it into a bit of a joke that I try and ignore when he brings it up. I honestly don't think I could tell him about it, as, ashamedly, it happened whilst I was about 2 years into our relationship and we were going through a really rocky patch. I will happily admit to you ladies that I was much more immature when I was 19 to what I am now, and it is something that has always bothered me since, as I shouldn't feel like I want to see her again, and I hate the fact that early on, before I grew up enough to see how much that could hurt him, that I cheated with this girl! She also had a girlfriend at the time, so it was always whenever we were drunk.the whole situation surrounding this experience was full of deception on both our parts, so I don't understand why I'm not 100% regretting what I did, rather than thinking about her still!
    I do agree with you that it may be because she was the only girl I've ever properly been with, so maybe that's why it's standing out in my memory. X

Tags: