Can You Fall In Love In A Dream

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by AndroidsDream, Mar 16, 2010.

1. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

you can do anything in dreams, so sure why not?

2. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Absolutely, very special. But nothing to do with the dream :tongue:

3. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

Well from what I remember of the dream she had a very similar personality and was quite close in appearance too, especially since I said the next day (even if it was jokingly) that that was the woman I needed to find :D

Seems like I found her to me anyway :)

4. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Hang on, I've just thought of something. Does this mean my head might cave in any day now :confused:

5. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

I hope not :eek:

Just try not to overdose I suppose :D

6. TheSongRemainsTheSam

TheSongRemainsTheSam Member

Nothing in dreams are real, if you fall in love with an imaginary woman in your dreams, this person doesn't exist so your not really falling in love with anyone.

But if the woman in your dream does exist, and is exactly like that in real life. I'd think that'd be a handy way to spend time with that girl you have a crush on. I'd suppose that'd work out in some weird way.

7. ~*hempy ∞ empires*~

~*hempy ∞ empires*~ Member

what do you define as "real"? for a bunch of psychedelic users (or at least I assume being on these forums lolol) you seem to have very dismissive attitudes towards the reality of altered states...

oh and re: "coincidence" -- coincidence is the vehicle of destiny my friend. some of the most significant events occur as coincidences. this is what makes them special. synchronicity is as real as causality brahs.

8. blueyedbaby22

blueyedbaby22 Member

i dont think u can fall in love but you mite be able to see some more qualities in some thing to make u like it even greater. stuff that ur mind didnt process untill you dreamed about it. but the big picture of what im trying to say is that you need some to physicaly be there to fall in love

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you can very definitely fall in love with the people IN your dream.
    just don't expect that to have anything to do with anyone you know when you're awake.

10. Trypthlyamine

Trypthlyamine Member

Because the mind approach's many areas of conscience in the process of dreaming, I feel that the sensations attributed to an intimate encounter, connection, communication, whatever you would like to call it could be considered a legitimate express of human affection within the workings of the brain.

Now, looking at love beyond a simple sexual definition I would conclude that a Deep, engaged, and informed relationship between two apparent individuals could not truly follow through as "love" after an encounter in a dream situation; A relationship fabricated by the mind in a dream setting will remain rather shallow and limited (regardless of depth presented) and strongly influenced by the individuals own mindset and aspirations, though the actions of the mind in sleep could very well present a "love" situation as such.

11. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've been dreaming about girls for years. Even dreamed before about a girl who posts in this forum, as I met her on another site.

12. EnergyofInfinity

EnergyofInfinity Member

I was in love with a very beautiful woman in a dream, in "that" reality.
    She was gorgeous and everything I (here and now) could ask for. She gave me a glimpse of a true connection, physically, mentally and in Spirit. It was a powerful an inspirational dream but a dream non the less.

I have not met her since...

13. auri_rain

auri_rain Olá!Eu sou alto como uma.

i'm not sure..maybe?
    in my case a few years back i knew this guy that i absolutely hated but at night i would have dreams of him where he was like this perfect guy and i was totally head over heels for..i didn't understand how in my dream i could love him but in real life i hated every inch of him.

14. Saiya

Saiya Guest

:sunny: would be glad to know what happened to you --about the dream, since this post?!

I have a series of dreams, the very last one happened in about 2 days (well, lets say 1 -dreamless- night) ago..
    As I found out, time is slipping in my dreams, but all of the dreams are conciously connected, I mean, in every dream, I remember what happened before, and usually remember to how long time ago that thing happened.. a perfect sense of time in dream, I never experience before.. :blush5:
    The happenings in dream, connected strongly to the happenings of my real life. (..I am in a very important part of it actually - for the detail,having the first child..)
    The dream-series is about;
    to have a (dream-) love life with a guy.
    I feel love for this guy in real also, but these feelings developed slowly by time the dreams happened, and its probably based on dream-aspects.The real life flirting just the crown on the top of it.. :banghead:
    I never had such dreams, and its a bit freaky.
    We are friends in real life, meet less then once in week for a half hour,..its not the thing seeming to turn out real.I wont take the last step, and I know him, he would not do as well.. It about the risk I guess, none of us wants to get hurt.. He is pretty much like me in heart, as I found out, but he refuses to let me closer, and yes, I try to soft..

I would explain it completely if interested.. :(

"just like my subconscious yelling at me that she is somehow important to me..." that is exactly how I feel, and its pretty much pressure for Me now.

15. RoMuLoX

RoMuLoX Guest

What's bad is when you dream about somebody repeatedly who doesn't exist and almost feel a connection to it. It happens rarely to me but it's always the same person (or so my mind tells me), and we're acting like we've known eachother forever. There's no sex, but somehow there doesn't seem like enough room for lust exists with somebody so pure. Basically, my mind spoils me and it sucks to wake up!

16. Lumini

Lumini Member

Well, I've had on/off feelings for one ex-girlfriend of mine for a very long time.
    We tend to talk for short periods and separate regularly often. Many times, though, after I feel my feelings have subsided, I will have a dream that we are together again, that I am in love with her again, and when I wake up, I have trouble shaking these feelings. This usually resets the entire process and we begin to talk again. Rather strange, I must say.

17. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

I would think you could, but I have never had such a dream.....
    Would a wet dream count?....;-D

18. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Anything is possible in a dream.

19. JimiAllTheWay

JimiAllTheWay Member

I don't know, love is pretty powerful and complicated.
    On one hand, most dreams are based on reality, so you may be able to fall in love or become incredibly attracted to someone based on thier behaiviour in a dream. Also, a dream may give you a sign that you will fall in love with someone, such as swimming down a rapidly flowing dream wiht them. This signifies fast change, positive, with that person.
    On the other hand, a dream is an alternate reality, in a sense. You can think you are in love with someone, and though it may seem so real and vivid it is not real.
    Anyway, love is powerful, mysterious and more complicated than splitting the atom, so its hard to determine whether you can fall in love with someone based on a dream, love is personal to each individual.

20. sdng

sdng Member

Okay, I thought I remember reading about this thread a while ago; strangely enough I experienced this just last night. I have experienced this multiple times, but it's usually with old girlfriends or something similar.

Last night was very out of the ordinary. I had a dream about a girl that I hardly knew about ten years ago. The funny thing is it was mainly an erotic dream but I felt an immensely strong emotional attachment to this girl. It's strange because usually the dreams I experience like this don't have this element. There was also another girl involved and it was a bit kinky. It's a bummer waking up to realize you just had the best most emotionally volatile sex in your life and it was only a dream involving an almost complete stranger that is in fact imaginary :/