Can you be a hippie and not do drugs?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Ethel, May 19, 2007.

1. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I think smoking marijuana to hippies is almost like consuming a communion host to catholics. No, not everyone does it- but it is much more to me than just a "drug" it is more like a sacrament...with mind-expanding properties!

2. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Quit what? Quit trying to pose as something you aren't?

Why does this question come up so much? Furthermore, why do people obsess over trying to fit into the "hippie" mold? That's pretty lame if you ask me.

3. Ethel

Ethel Member

No, quit trying to find a group of people who will accept me. Quit trying to ever find a place in this misbegotten world where I will belong. Because I don't. not here. not anywhere. I have always been alone - every day of my life. And I always will be. If you bothered to read my post, you'd see in the first line I explained that I wasn't sure whether I'd describe myself as a hippie or not. And this is why. Because you fucking psycho cunts are as liable to turn on one of your own as any other human being

Well pardon me for fucking breathing. You've sure done your bit to spread universal joy and happiness today, and I hope your'e proud of youself.

Goodbye.

4. westham

westham Member

im a hippie and i dont need or use drugs.i used to do alot of drugs,but have been clean for the past 4 years.

5. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i dont do drugs (well...only MJ very rarely)
    and i hate alcohol
    that's your personal choice
    i choose to keep my mind sober and enjoy real things

6. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

I can see why you might be alone the rest of your life, if you keep reacting to peoples opinions and comments with such hostility and profanity. Whispering Woods just wondered why you were striving to fit into a label or catagory anyway,(How can you quit being a Hippie, if you are one"), and BraveSirRuben was just a bit irritated that the topic of "Am I a Hippie or Not" always seems to come up over and over. Yet, How many people go back to search if a similar thread has allready been started.? (He is never repetitive?)

I think your thread was legitimate, but your hostile responses to others left little to be desired or appreciated. Chill, why don't you.!!! You might identify more with the Lippies or Snippies or Get a Grippies group. I do hope you find a place where you fit in this "misbegotten world", everyone should fit in somewhere.

7. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

I just want to say, ABE, I love you!!!!

and to Ethel.......I dont know if everyone should fit in somewhere.....some people are unique even to themselves. But what I want to say is, why should you care where and with whom you fit in with? Be comfortable with yourself.....when you are, that's when you can find your niche and the right group of people.

PS.....what ABE said.....its not a drug!!!!

8. Free_love_peace224

Free_love_peace224 Member

yes, i believe that you don't have to do drugs to be a hippie but if that's the case then do you have to wear long flowing dresses and skirts and tie-dyed?
    peace!

9. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

its all about the ideals and not the drugs. sure you can do drugs. i love the right (in my head) to have a choice to but i don't. not for any real moral reason i am on medication for my bipolar disorder and i am afraid if i toke i will go back to being a jerk and sad again.

10. Hajni

Hajni Member

I agree with you.I don't use drugs and it isn't an important thing.

11. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

You can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do. It is your life, right? Following other people's guidelines is not the way to live. I can tell you right now you will feel much better being yourself than you will trying to fit into a certain group. This seems to be such a hot topic of conversation. I am not going to go as far as saying it annoys me, but it does confuse me. As WhisperingWoods has said, why is it so important to be the "perfect hippie" and make sure every aspect of life is what a "hippie" would do. Again, be yourself--it is so simple!

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

One sure thing about the 'perfect hippie' is that he/she does not comply to all the hippiestereotypes.

13. lunarflowermaiden

That is right! Wouldn't the whole point of being free, open-minded individuals be missed if everyone was trying to mold themselves? It just seems silly to me.

14. Taran & Sharay

Taran & Sharay Member

My wife and I don't do drugs so add 2 more to the list of happily drug free hippies!

15. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

of course you don't have to do drugs to be a hippie.
    do what you want to do.
    be free :)

16. shine_crazydiamond

shine_crazydiamond Member

if you have to ask, then your probably not a hippie anyways

17. lunarflowermaiden

I love you, too, my friend [​IMG].

18. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

NO I HAVE SPOKEN!

19. Curtis Loew

Curtis Loew Member

20. Littlwing70

Littlwing70 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree with all of the above as well, but the bottom line for me is freedom. Real freedom as in your soul. The freedom that causes you to be totally happy. This happiness makes you a loving person to others and to the earth. That is what I am looking for and I think the hippies were to. Drugs help some find that place. Moderation is key though otherwise the point can be lost and so can your path. Your path is your path and all paths will eventually unite and we will all get to that place together.......I believe anyway.