Can YOU answer the question TRUTHFULLY and UNBIASLY?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by JesusDiedForU, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Hope they use birth control.

2. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Don't need birth control if they're doing anal! ;)

3. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Answer this one JDFU...

Who should have control over a woman's pregnancy?

A) The Woman (and her physician)
    B) Right Wing Religious Nuts who have NOTHING to do with the woman, her pregnancy or her PERSONAL decisions.

You fucking Christians make it sound like these women just go out and have sex in order to have an abortion just to piss you off.

Do you really think these women just wake up and say, "I think I'll get myself pregnant just so I can have another abortion since the last one was so much fun and pissed off all those Christians!"

You fuckers really have no clue, do you?

:rolleyes:

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

What a stupid thread!! People don’t even understand what their arguing about!

Of course a fetus is alive, fucking plants are alive!

The question should be; is a fetus a person? Is it an individual person, human being?

No, it is not! A person, a self aware individual mind takes years and years to develop.

Religious people think we are supernatural souls beyond physical grey matter. If this was the case then why would it take 18 years for a human mind to mature? Then we’re supposed to believe the death of this neural grey matter mass that took nearly two decades to develop will have no impact on our conscious soul, other than propelling us into heaven of course!?

No wonder they get all pissed off about killing a fetus. They have no idea what’s going on inside it. They must think there’s a fully developed conscious soul that needs to wait 18 years to get into it.

You can not place a value on a blank canvas as if it was a masterpiece. It may someday be a masterpiece if someone devotes TIME and EFFORT into it, but right now it is a blank canvas, easily reproduced with little effort and therefore worth very little.

A fetus is very much like a blank canvas. And if you force a woman against here will to create a work of art, it might end up looking like a hateful piece of shit!!

5. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

A person, a self aware individual mind takes years and years to develop.

Yet, a baby only takes 9 months... is it okay then to kill babies because they are not completely "self aware"?

6. Maryslittlebrat

Maryslittlebrat Member

Amen, but we aren't all like that and the loud are always heard.
    peace man

7. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

According to both Vedic and Christian traditions, the soul enters at the moment sperm and egg unite, so abortion is always killing from those viewpoints. The level of development of the fetus has no bearing on this.

In a practical sense, it's a procedure that is undeniably medically necessary at times, even in the absence of its use as a birth control method.

In a political sense, it is a highly charged and volatile issue; one that relates directly to critical privacy-rights concerns as well as critical ethical and spiritual concerns...I see little hope for resolution on a national level; maybe the best hope for compromise is as a state-by-state issue.

8. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The death of a newborn infant is obviously a great tragedy for those involved who have devoted 9 moths of work, planning and sacrifice for the coming of this infant. While this is a tragedy, try comparing this to the death of a 5 year old child who’s parents have devote over 5 years of their lives to the growth and development and bonded with this child and changed their lifestyle for this child and watched it develop a personality and listened to it cry and laugh and question God and death and dream about the future.

One would have to be a complete moronic zombie not to be able to distinguish the difference in emotional, biological and physical value between a 5 year old child, a newborn and a fetus. Where talking 69 moths of sacrifice and devotion VS 9 months VS a half hour of fooling around and an orgasm! Anyone who has the nerve to tell me each of those stages of life holds the same value needs serious psychiatric help.

9. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

Yes, the death of an older child is almost always a much greater tragedy to the family, for the reasons you've given, but we're also considering this from a spiritual perspective.

The body is conceived, grows, thrives, ages and eventually dies...the eternal soul remains the same before the conception of the body and after its death...the soul was never born and never dies.

The "value" you speak of is entirely relative...a miscarriage or the death of an infant can be every bit as devastating as the death of an older child, and abortion is known to carry serious longterm psychological consequences in many instances...personally, I knew a woman who had an abortion when very young, and it troubled her deeply for a long time. When she finally had a baby with her husband, that child was the most important thing ever in her life...a redemption.

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Ah, no WE”RE NOT considering spirituality, maybe YOU are. Spiritual fantasy is irrelevant hogwash! Souls are nothing more than fantasy, a product of the imagination and a means to avert ourselves from dealing with the idea of mortality. To be religious is to believe a pack of lies for your own selfish reasons. You think your consciousness “soul” is going to survive the biological death of your grey matter even though I could knock your consciousness into a temporary state of oblivion with a few milligrams of a chemical substance. But when your brain rots to dirt you’re “soul” will be just fine… foolish fairytale Sylvia Brown ghost whisperer NONSENSE!!!!!!!

11. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

If you're not considering the spiritual aspects of this issue, why are you in the Religion section in general and on the Christianity board in particular?

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Because religious ZOMBIES force their nonsense on other people, and kill good people over their nonsense, and that gives me the fucking right to speak my mind any GOD DAMNED place I choose!!!

13. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

OK, calm down, take your meds if you missed them...sounds like you did.

If you weren't, at some level, concerned with the ethical and spiritual aspects of the issue under discussion, you wouldn't be posting on this particular forum...unless you just really want a place to jump up and down, scream, and hope you will shock and offend "religious" people.

Who needs psychiatric help, now?

14. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

A different chemical could have different effects. It might for instance switch on something you'd been missing for years... the soul? Maybe.

15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Or a delusional state of immortality, same difference!

Seriously though, is that the best you can come up with? You guys should go bomb a clinic or something! You know, someone’s got to stand up for those poor defenseless physically detached supernatural spirits.

I’ll keep waiting for that cold breeze to pass through me like a thousand angry spirits. All the seeds I’ve denied them! I guess they’ll have to go to Africa and attach to some third world seed and experience a life of misery and starvation. That’s what God wants to see anyway, some good old suffering, that’ll find a place in heaven for em’. Like the children sodomized by the queer catholic priests, I bet God finds a good position in heaven for those boys. He was looking DOWN on earth that day and said to himself “well, I could give that sick priest a heart attack or stroke before he tears into that little boys rectum, but that’s not part of my great MASTER PLAN! I know, I’ll give that boy’s imaginary soul a good position in heaven, that’s what I’ll DO!!”.

Oh Thank you GOD, oh wonderful and powerful God, for saving that poor boys imaginary SOUL!!!

16. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Alive means to me that an individual, unique organism has been conceived, and so, to me, the single cell that is the product of the sperm entering the egg is alive. It will not be independent for many years, maybe 4 at the very minimum, but even though it is dependent on others for life, it is alive, and it is a unique individual at the very moment of conception. In my view, that is simple, and in animal husbandry, conception is the point when a new animal is created, not 23 weeks later, or at the moment of birth, or at the age that someone can fend for themselves. It is quite clear to me, and unlikely I will change my mind on that one.
    As for JD4U's quote below:
    "Why because I tell the truth and you tell lies and use confusion as your number one offense?"

I find that type of attitude repellent. It sounds egocentric and supremely self-important to me. Who is he to know the truth, and judge that others do not? What if he is wrong? What if my view differs radically from his, but is still the truth? Truth is relative, and I do not consider FedUp's views as being lies. He just disagrees, and admittedly is interested in gathering more information on the topic, which I find refreshingly open-minded and admirable.

17. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I have the great luck to have a slight inkling as to my not having a clue, which is a rare quality in people.
    I liked your opening, approved of your opinion, no one else has any business but the woman. Then you lost me, not that I disagreed with a single point you raise, just did not agree with your choice of wording. It is unnecessarily aggressive and negative, which just stirs the pot, and while I like your content, the tone is not conducive to achieving a positive and loving society. If you want Christians to listen to you, you may very well not, there are words that they cannot stand. If you use one such word, the people will be affected by its very mention, no matter your message. In your above post, effing Christians, and you effers, are two such phrases. In my early years, around six years old, the sticks and stones parable impressed upon me the idea that words do not actually need do anything to me. It is my view still. So, swear all you want, I care not, but others do, and so I try not to use them in such folks company. At home, I can say whatever words, and I mean WHATEVER, and my fiance is unmoved. In church, I mind my mouth.