Can this lead to an STD?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Becknudefck, May 18, 2004.

1. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

I know this may sound stupid but i heard this somewhere. Is it true that you can get an STD from making out if you have a Kanker sore somehwre on you lip or mouth? i just wanna make sure.

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Not from a canker sore but if someone has any other type of open wound on their mouth it may be a cold sore which IS a form of herpes. Thats very contagious. If you kiss someone whos sore is active and open you could get cold sores too.

3. torz

torz Member

i dont know what a kanker sore is but as earthy mama has said, coldsores are a form of herpes, herpes A. if you have a coldsore on your lip & then give your partner oral sex, they can than catch genital herpes (herpes B & C) which is non curable. even condoms wont protect you from herpes as its also spread while the body is in close contact, ie, pubic hair.

4. firelip

firelip Member

All herpes is supposedly incurable by western methods. Herpes zoster is chicken pox and shingles. Herpes simplex a and b can both infect the mouth, genitals, anus, and eyes. A very large percentage of people cary herpes. cold sores, canker sores etc. are usually herpes. Condoms offer pretty good protection for genital herpes, but ther are certainly ways to transmit it. kissing can easily spred other STDs including gonnarea (SP?). HPV is even more common than the rest. Most sexually active people already have at least a couple varients,and there is no test that can tell that you do not have HPV! every woman who has ever had an abnormal pap smear has HPV! the nastiest forms are associated with cervical and larnyx cancer. These forms are easily transmitted by fellatio and unprotected penetration. tests mean almost nothing regarding negative results!

No such thing as safe sex!
    Jim

5. Mintaoism

Mintaoism Member

jesus i didn't know that..i always have soars and cuts in my mouth...:eek:

6. Omniwulf

Omniwulf Member

Yep. its all about if YOU have a open type wound of any kind. and any liquid from a infected person enters that wound..You will have a chance of contracting what ever it is.
    Your skin has multi layers of protection to keep stuff out..But a wound is a break in the defences.

7. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You can now get a blood test for HPV. If you sign up to be a blood plasma donor they will test you for it.

8. firelip

firelip Member

The test for HPV is inconclusive if negative. They can tell you you have it if the test is posative, but they can not assure you that you do not. Most everybody has one form or another!

Jim

9. dropsomenyc

dropsomenyc Member

The rule I go by is if it's funky don't touch it.

10. EazyE

EazyE Senior Member

Nice sig pic. That couldnt have been taken in the UK lol. Where was it?