Can someone tell me what this is?

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by discohippiedude, Sep 9, 2005.

1. discohippiedude

discohippiedude Member

ok I got this pendant about a year ago at a flea market and i saw it and I had to get it. I got it blessed by an owner of a Wiccan shop and I feel some good vibes coming from it when i wear it but I dont know what it means can anyone tell me cuz I love this pendant. [​IMG]

2. nesta

nesta Banned

if its any sort of traditional symbol i missed it, but it looks to me that its open to interpretation as being one of several things...what catches my eye immediately is a peace symbol made with inverted crosses (there is an urban legend that the peace symbol originated from breaking the arms of a cross or some such bullshit...perhaps this peice carries some sort of satirical meaning to it's maker)

i could also see it as a peace symbol with three symbols of femininity/venus laid on top of it

i'm sure there's other ways of looking at it, but i haven't caught them yet. ah, gestalt psychology, how it loves to fuck with our heads...

3. discohippiedude

discohippiedude Member

woa so your telling me it could even have an ironic meaning to it. I think it may be one of a kind cuz on the back of it is the letters "Y Z" so maybe its the person who made its signature?

4. nesta

nesta Banned

its possible, but then it's also possible that the Y and Z have some other meaning to them not immediately apparent to the average person. after all, its very rare to meet someone with those initials. the world is full of symbolism that is largely missed on a day to day basis.

5. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

hehe so much of art is open to interpretation, luckily what's most important in this situation is what it means to you...

6. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm with tigerlily there! I was going along a peace among women thing in my head. Heh. I really like that, it's certainly got something about it.

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

yea i think its peace amonst women thing, after all i beleive women are the key to peace. i think i've seen yz on other jewlery, could that be a code meaning its silver? i forget, but i have seen the yz before

8. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

9. M2D

M2D Member

looks kinda gothic

I like it,,, its differnt

10. peaceful_kid89

peaceful_kid89 Member

ive seen that in a book b 4 it sounds kinda stupid but i think it was in sum witch craft sacrificial book meh idk