Can someone teach me how to make hemp jewlery?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by freedomseeker, Apr 6, 2007.

1. freedomseeker

freedomseeker Member

ok soo....i want to try my luck with makin hemp jewelry but i have never done it before and noone around here has either....sooo good someone explain how to do it??...or give a website or something or another! thanks!

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

3. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i go to this arts and crafts store in my town called micheals. maybe you have someplace like that in your area.

4. dewaholic

dewaholic Member

I love making hemp jewelry. Fortunately, my first hemp rope came with a little instruction book. These can be found at Wal-Mart, or previously mentined, Michaels.

5. forgottenmusicfan

forgottenmusicfan Member

I would really like to know becuase I love to look at them and see them. So cool.

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

try doing a google search. most craft stores will carry both hemp + hemp jewelery instruction books. most craft stores and department stores have hemp jewelery kits (hemp + beads + instructions)... Michaels and Walmart come to mind. the kits are good because they're relatively inexpensive and easy to follow, and have all your materials there.

7. PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt Paranoia!

Also, once you do a few with the kits, you get the hang of the knots and then you can do it for yourself! That's what i did, and i continue to do it with a lot of stuff i want to learn. I'd even buy those little kits they make for children, the kind you can pick up at wal-mart. They'll really teach you some basics.

8. joshpbs

joshpbs Member

http://www.beadage.net/hemp/index.shtml
    I used this link aswell to get started and it helped me with the basic weaves but it doesn't tell what to do at first really.

Work in an area with a hook or something. Get your hemp and bend it so that the ends are even. Put the looped end on the hook and then get your long string and double it too, tie it at its middle point to the base hemp at the base and then do the weaves in the picture. This allows a little loop at the end of your piece to shut it around the person wearing it. Just tie a knot at the other end and put it through. :p
    If that made no sense, PM me and ill send pictures

9. Psychadelik

Psychadelik Member

wow! cool sites...I'm going to try my had at hemp jewlery now! :D

10. PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt Paranoia!

^it's great fun, and it's easy and pretty cheap. couldn't think of a better low key hobby! :)